Why is there no competition for the NHL games?

PuckOFF

Sep 29, 2021
04 was the best for sure! I remember how excited I was to go to the store and get it as a kid. Finnish SM-liiga was there for the first time and I spent months playing it. It's not even l0ng ago when I last played it. The ai is also really functional in that one

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

PuckOFF

Sep 29, 2021
Hey!
Just wanna let you guys know, we just released a different type of hockey game with the emphasis on story and fighting(trying to get the old time feeling of hockey). We'd love it if you want to check it out:

Reactions: Flynn84 and filip85

BigRedWings

Jun 11, 2022
I was hoping the devs behind Super Mega Baseball (arguably the most fun I've had playing a sports game in years, playing those games) would've gotten around to making a hockey game, but I guess that won't be happening now. I wouldn't bother if 2K was making an NHL game, as they'd likely pump it full of microtransactions and the like, not to mention I'm not a big fan of recent actions of theirs.

Oh, well. I can still play '04 and the like all I want, so I'm good.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
The biggest reason is EA has the skill stick patented. They don't have the exclusive rights to NHL sim style games because they don't need it as long as they have that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad