Why is no one talking about Giroux?

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Too many good players this year he's getting a bit ignored. I'm a little surprised his bounce back season isn't getting more attention, but maybe it's a sign of his respect that people aren't too surprised.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
He's a player that's been going under the radar since 2014. Everyone knows that he's one of the best yet no one talks about him. I think it's partly due to the Flyers not making enough waves in recent years.

Pretty much. Very good player on an average-ish team. Having a slightly above average year in relation to expectations, but it's not surprising to see him top 10 in NHL scoring. There's a ton of new faces having notable years, so the expected names don't get any press.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
He's played extremely well but I think it's a bit of an indictment on him that he needed to be moved to wing so he can free lance and focus on pretty much just offense more while Couturier handles all of tough assignments and is responsible for getting back on defense. He was a 60 pt player last few years at C.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
It's because everyone already knows how good he is, much like Getzlaf, Backstrom, Kopitar etc., the usual underrated players. They've been in the league a long time and there's more new playes to discuss that may not have reached their peak yet.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I hate philly too but Giroux is having an amazing season. At both ends of the ice too. He’s stepped up big time this year for Philly.

blinds

Jan 5, 2012
He doesn't get talked about because no one is interested in secondary assists.
Stupidest thing I've heard today.

He's now leading the league in assists and 1 point out of 2nd in scoring. Tied with Malkin at 7th with 56 ES points.

Reactions: Sasso09

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
He's played extremely well but I think it's a bit of an indictment on him that he needed to be moved to wing so he can free lance and focus on pretty much just offense more while Couturier handles all of tough assignments and is responsible for getting back on defense. He was a 60 pt player last few years at C.
60 pt player last few years? Naw

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad