Why is hockey such a racist sport?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapsfan

Jun 7, 2021
NBA has its share of racism but it's often addressed quickly. MLB rarely gets that racism nowadays. Not sure about NFL. I don't get it. Why are NHL fans more prone to giving racist comments to POC people? As an immigrant to Canada, I don't like seeing this.

I wish we saw more diversity in this fanbase so we could end racism. If we had more POC players/fans in the league, racism won't be as bad.

Look at what happened to Kadri earlier today. This can't keep happening.

The Blunder Years

Nov 11, 2013
The game is growing and the young generation of players is more diverse than ever. This will help with this issue to an extent.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
It's not a racist sport. There's not many POCs because it's essentially a North American and European sport. As a minority myself the sport is perfectly fine. I don't have an issue with it primarily being a white sport because the reason behind it isn't racism. You legit have no idea how bad international soccer is if you think the NHL is racist and international soccer is extremely diverse.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Because it is mainly made up of rich white men. Also it is a very tightly knit league. There's a reason why you always hear about the "old boys club".

Hockey culture is pretty horrid but at least in the past few years it seems like people are finally starting to try and move away from it.

ChuckLefley

Jan 5, 2016
NBA has its share of racism but it's often addressed quickly. MLB rarely gets that racism nowadays. Not sure about NFL. I don't get it. Why are NHL fans more prone to giving racist comments to POC people? As an immigrant to Canada, I don't like seeing this.

I wish we saw more diversity in this fanbase so we could end racism. If we had more POC players/fans in the league, racism won't be as bad.

Look at what happened to Kadri earlier today. This can't keep happening.
Having a more diverse fan base won’t end racism. Have you paid attention to what goes on in soccer?
Every sports league has racism.
Can you show data that supports your assertion that NHL fans are more prone to giving racist comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad