Why is Crawford not on IR?

Wings4Life

Apr 11, 2007
Ov Steamrolls Jagr!
Hey guys, Wings fan coming in peace. I am a Crawford fan, and a big supporter of him making the Olympic team, but why is he not on IR?

I guess I am generally confused, since he will surely be out for 10+games. Bickell is back off IR as well. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

LandofLincoln*

It's not a serious injury. Expectations are that he skates a little after Christmas and joins the team as the starter in early January. If he is not skating after Christmas they probably would make a decision at that time.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Hey guys, Wings fan coming in peace. I am a Crawford fan, and a big supporter of him making the Olympic team, but why is he not on IR?

I guess I am generally confused, since he will surely be out for 10+games. Bickell is back off IR as well. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Pretty sure you can put guys on it retroactively.

w00d

Remember the Roar
Oct 14, 2011
Chicago Stadium
He's not on IR because it hasn't been necessary for the Hawks to do so. They have 12 forwards, 8 defensemen, and 3 goalies, which puts them at the 23-player roster cap. Remember that the Hawks are also playing against the salary cap, so carrying an extra forward like Morin is a luxury that they might not be able to afford. Any money saved now is more money available at the trade deadline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad