Why is Bud Holloway not on your team?

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
From mayormanors interview;

Lombardi; “In Holloway, we were talking at the deadline, we almost called him up. Now, is he ready to be a regular? But, when Justin Williams went down, he (Holloway) got himself on the board, where we had National Hockey League people saying ‘You know what, let’s give him a shot.’ And that’s how close he’s starting to come along. Now, to go to Europe? It’s mind-boggling to me, other than the money’s so much different. So, you go over there and you earn $120-grand, or 120-Euros or whatever, it’s tax free. You get a car and an apartment. There is a big gap, you know. But, usually the guys who do that…are 26-27 (years old) and they’ve kind of already been labeled as ‘minor league players’ and maybe a ‘call-up.’ But, when you’re dealing with 22-year olds, this is mind-boggling – for these kids, where their whole dream was to play in the (NHL).”

Our players, like Holloway, three years from 18 (years old)…and the feeling so many of these kids have – that, ‘Oh, it’s passing me by, I’m not getting a chance?!?’”

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Moulson was never traded. He was sent down to Manchester after those 7 games. The Kings didn't re-sign him in the off season, and he signed a tryout contract with the Islanders. All this talk about "giving" Moulson away is revisionist history. 28 other NHL teams didn't think enough of him to give him a contract or even invite him to training camp; only the Islanders gave him that chance.

http://www.insidesocal.com/kings/2009/07/06/moulson-signs-with-islanders/

If any team should be pissed about giving away Moulson it should be the Penguins who waived him to begin with, and later claimed by LA.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Moulson was never traded. He was sent down to Manchester after those 7 games. The Kings didn't re-sign him in the off season, and he signed a tryout contract with the Islanders. All this talk about "giving" Moulson away is revisionist history. 28 other NHL teams didn't think enough of him to give him a contract or even invite him to training camp; only the Islanders gave him that chance.

http://www.insidesocal.com/kings/2009/07/06/moulson-signs-with-islanders/

You are correct, I meant sent down! Thanks.

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
Here are some of the reactions from when Purcell was traded:

Purcell going the other way seems like an overpayment . I am thinking a 4th/5th rounder sounds about right. But i am speculating...

How is Purcell an overpayment? Purcell is crap

Ugh... Purcell AND a 3rd?!b

Ahhhh. Finally. CYA PURCELL.

No more whipping boy.

Ehh Purcell and a 3rd little steep but not to much...

Purcell and a 3rd, I think that's overpayment personally

Very cool. I won't miss Purcell or the 3rd.

Purcell was basically done here so I guess its nice to give him a shot with another team.

Bye Purcell, I for one. . will not miss you.

This. I have not hated a player so much since Labarbera.

That's a lot to give up..Geez...they even said that on Toronto radio. Florida pick is a high 2nd...

Seems like overpayment to me. But who am I kidding? Purcell won't be missed.

Best of luck finding your game Teddy. Wish you'd have broken out with us, but best of luck in the future.

3rd rounder is a bit high, but when your cupboards already STOCKED, who cares?

Great deal, they had extra 3rd, and Purcell was useless.

Cya Teddy......thanks for nothing.

Great deal! This is exactly why you accumulate spare parts, and exactly what you do with them.

Purcell is basically a throw-in. Sort of like Lundmark in the Conroy trade a few years ago. Getting rid of Purcell opens up a spot on the Kings, and someone had to take Halpern's spot in Tampa.

More here: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=745623

Summary: All this crap about "giving" up Moulson and Purcell is complete revisionist history. No one was saying what a terrible mistake the Kings were making in how they were giving up two future 60 point scorers. Most people were happy to see them go. Let's stop pretending like everyone and their father knew letting Moulson and Purcell go was a big deal.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Summary: All this crap about "giving" up Moulson and Purcell is complete revisionist history. No one was saying what a terrible mistake the Kings were making in how they were giving up two future 60 point scorers. Most people were happy to see them go. Let's stop pretending like everyone and their father knew letting Moulson and Purcell go was a big deal.

Bingo.

Harks

Oct 27, 2010
Malmö
Yeah he's doing more than just "really well".
-SEL playoff record
-First foreigner to win SEL in points
-Most points ever by a foreigner in SEL
-Most points ever by a Skellefteå-player
-Needs 2 points in the remaining 4 games to have scored the second most points ever in SEL
-Needs 3 assists to beat the assist record
-11th in hits

Also, Oscar Möller has scored fourth most goals in SEL this year in just 24 games. (2 hat-tricks and one 4 goal game)
Name Team Pos GP G AVG.
Söderberg, Carl LHC CE 50 29 0.58
Arlbrandt, Pär LHC LW 50 20 0.40
Holloway, George SAIK RW 51 19 0.37
Möller, Oscar SAIK RW 24 18 0.75
Fasth, Jesper HV71 RW 43 18 0.42

Add plus/minus-leader too(Bud). Would like to see Moller whole next season, then I think he can be a contender for 55-60p.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
My response to the Purcell-being-traded thread:

Looks like I have to go back to bagging on Ivanans again. I liked Purcell as the scratch every night, it made me not feel too bad...

All joking aside, Purcell didn't have a spot on the team. Good size, but he didn't play physical at all. He showed no confidence with the puck and every whiffed shot only brought that confidence down even further. The bottom line is the guy got his chances - I'm pretty sure he played multiple games on every line and got PP time. This year was his make or break year and he just didn't make it. We were hoping he would be a 1st or 2nd line guy but it just didn't happen. That said, I hope he excels like Moulson, not fades like Boyle. Teddy has the size and skill set to put up points in this league, it just hasn't seemed to click on how to use it.

Smyth-Kopitar-Brown
Frolov-Handzus-Stoll
Parse-Richardson-Simmonds
Modin-Halpern-Clune

I don't see a spot for him in the top 6, especially when Williams comes back, and I don't want him in the bottom 6, nor do I see anyone I would rather take out in place of Purcell.

I'd also like to point out that I wouldn't replace any of those guys with Patrick O'Sullivan either. And I loved Sully before we traded him.

First, look at that lineup. OUCH. That lineup wouldn't win the Calder Cup. Second, I miss Frolov. Third, Purcell just wasn't that good for the Kings. I'm glad he found a home, but he wasn't playing well here. That's that.

KingKopitar11*

The thing that bothers me the most is losing Ivanans, such talent.

I cant we lost a potential top-6 player. He was just misunderstood :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad