Why is Antti Suomela so dominant force this season? - pace for 40 goals, 72 points (but 10 goals, 14 points in his last 5 games

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I gotta be honest here, i haven't followed hos 22-23 season, at all, so no idea how he has played, only stat watched.
I would have had the opportunity to do that, to watch SHL games from TV this season, but i have not, maybe i tune in for the play-offs..

no one has scored more than 33 goals in a season in the 2000's
and twice only 70+ points (71 in both times)

what's going on?

Reactions: Eye of Ra

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
He is having a hell of a season playing in a good system. But he is not as dominant as the stats suggests. Tony Mårtensson would be a good comparison.

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
I gotta be honest here, i haven't followed hos 22-23 season, at all, so no idea how he has played, only stat watched.
I would have had the opportunity to do that, to watch SHL games from TV this season, but i have not, maybe i tune in for the play-offs..

no one has scored more than 33 goals in a season in the 2000's
and twice only 70+ points (71 in both times)

what's going on?
Scoring is up a little bit but I think mostly it's about him and his linemates doing extremely well, at the same time as they have been healthy and confident all year, at the same time as the power play has been clicking extremely well, at the same time as they are playing for a team that can put 100% of their focus on making that line as succesful as possible, at the same time as they are playing on a team that is very dependant on that line so they get all the ice time and opportunities (for good reason). So they are doing extremely well in combination with all the other things that makes it a once every other decade kind of season.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Several SHL teams do seem to have a more passive zone defense this season, which really helps players who can be a bit aggressive in the offensive end and have skill.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad