Why I love the 2 trades

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
What do I love about the trades? That Snow waited as long as he did and was able to get these 2 guys without giving up the assets the Bs and Hawks probably were asking for up front. Milbury would have traded for them 3 months ago and he'd have given up Strome or Pulock or Nelson.

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida
Oh, Boychuk is a gamechanger. You'll see soon enough, his goals are always clutch, he times the perfect open ice hit or hip check or even fight and wake the crowd and team up and change momentum, while playing 20-26 minutes per game. I'll leave now before I become unwelcome. But if you wanted to see, I can post a handful of youtube videos of my favorite Boychuk moments and you'll get even more excited.

Please feel free to chat about him. Keep it respectful and civil. Anyone is welcome!!

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
So far, only speaking for myself, you're welcome here.

The input and zeal are appreciated - gives us a ton to look forward to. I think both of our teams will surprise this year - Boston without Boychuk, and the Isles with him.

Let's just team up and rid the postseason of Rangers and Penguins, and we're all good. ;)

2:56 is my favorite moment in that one.

You can take a break from work to watch these. :)

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
Leddy is much closer to Brent Sopel than Mark Streit. He'll never be as explosive offensively as Streit or as competent defensively.

Way overestimating this guy.

Are we talking about the same Mark Streit? Mark was anywhere from average to awful on defense, depending on the season, and the part of the season in question.

I hope Leddy is better than that.

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
Are we talking about the same Mark Streit? Mark was anywhere from average to awful on defense, depending on the season, and the part of the season in question.

i dont think streit and leddy are at all comparable, other than their vision and skating

leddy is small, not physical, but is a great skater and passer...i think the better comparison is cdh (he needs to up his game a bit defensively to get there)

streit, while not a bruiser, was pretty physical and played with some snarl in front of our own net when needed....good passes and vision and a great shot

my question about leddy....how is his shot? any good? his breakouts and passing i know are fantastic

Darth Milbury

Feb 27, 2002
Searching for Kvasha
Visit site

That's just not true. He was actually fairly effective in his own end until the end. His last season, he did not look good. But, that was largely a product of injury.

Darth Milbury

Feb 27, 2002
Searching for Kvasha
Visit site
i dont think streit and leddy are at all comparable, other than their vision and skating

leddy is small, not physical, but is a great skater and passer...i think the better comparison is cdh (he needs to up his game a bit defensively to get there)

streit, while not a bruiser, was pretty physical and played with some snarl in front of our own net when needed....good passes and vision and a great shot

my question about leddy....how is his shot? any good? his breakouts and passing i know are fantastic

I don't think he is anything like CDH. CDH is a cerebral player, sees the ice extremely well, superb defensive reads (for his stage of development) and he does bring a bit of sandpaper and grit to his game.

Leddy is way softer, and doesn't have any hints of CDH's defensive game.

His offensive skills are complete though, and he does own a big league shot. He should be a very good pointman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad