Why hasn't John Grahame's name been thrown around for Esche's replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Grahame doesn't start like Dunham does. There's a difference between a good backup and a good goalie.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
go kim johnsson said:
Grahame doesn't start like Dunham does. There's a difference between a good backup and a good goalie.

Say what you want about Dunham, but he played well at the 2002 Olympics (shutout of Finland), and at this year's World Championships. He's been plagued like many players by the freakishly bad Rangers team in front of him. On a good team he will be fine.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Rabid Ranger said:
Say what you want about Dunham, but he played well at the 2002 Olympics (shutout of Finland), and at this year's World Championships. He's been plagued like many players by the freakishly bad Rangers team in front of him. On a good team he will be fine.

I just defended him, I don't know why you were after me there...

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Ty Conklin should be the starter. He outshone Dunham at the WCs, and was the best goalie in the tournament. A tournament that included Roberto Luongo, remember. There is a big difference between the WCs and the World Cup, but IMO, Ty could be the US starter.

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
You know it's funny you should say that, because it's something I remember thinking at the time, but I thought that Grahame must not be American for them to ignore him like that.

Grahame has improved drastically from his Boston days. He's not as good as Esche, but I would take him over Dunham in a split-second. Same goes for Ty Conklin.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Dipietro is the best right now and the one USA's future hopes are pinned on, I think it's his job to lose and I don't expect him to. This tournament will be an 'international' coming out party for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad