Why hasn't ian laperriere been fired yet?

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
So I can't help but feel that the flyers haven't actually improved their PK in the entire tenure that Lappy has been the PK coach. I'm a big Lappy fan and loved him as a player and a person. But his coaching ability leaves a great deal to be desired. We easily have one of the worst PK strategies in the league which regularly gets shown up. If we were middle of the pack right now, I would imagine we are sat in a play-off spot comfortably. We have literally used the same idiotic methods for 3 years and been caned for it.

So my question to the faithful, why hasn't he been fired yet?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Who the f*** knows?

Only team in the NHL with a bottom 10 PK for 4 straight seasons.

Worst in the business.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Then Thoresen has got to be on a coaching staff as well ;)
Absolutely! I have said the same in the past. Gave his left or right nut to the team and summarily gets let go the next season. While Lappy takes a slappy to the face and is rewarded with a staff job. Let us see if he has a decade long job similar to Lemelin who was shocked when they finally let him go as our goalie coach.

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
I was always a Thoresen fan and I couldn't believe they left the play going that time. He isn't fired because Hak probably likes him and wants him to stay. Once the Flyers probably miss the playoffs again Hextall should bring in a veteran coach and let that coach decide his assistants which I think is what will happen in the off season.

Reactions: Rebels57

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
I think its because hes the only one on the coaching staff the players actually like. Hes the so called "good cop".

Also wouldnt be surprised if Hak has more influence on special teams than we are led to believe.

Reactions: Rebels57

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I think its because hes the only one on the coaching staff the players actually like. Hes the so called "good cop".

Also wouldnt be surprised if Hak has more influence on special teams than we are led to believe.

I wouldnt either. A passive PK certainly is in line with his passive coaching style. Also the PP barely changing despite the coaching change is interesting..and does using Lehtera and Manning over Konecny and Sanheim seem like a decision a young coach fresh out of Juniors for Erie would make?

Reactions: Adam Warlock

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia

The Hak Scare Stare ....explains everything now. It is so intimidating the players need a good cop...:sarcasm:

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
I wouldnt either. A passive PK certainly is in line with his passive coaching style. Also the PP barely changing despite the coaching change is interesting..and does using Lehtera and Manning over Konecny and Sanheim seem like a decision a young coach fresh out of Juniors for Erie would make?
He is just trying to emulate lappy and hastok to guarantee a long tenure.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Then Thoresen has got to be on a coaching staff as well ;)

Just not for the PP, which wouldn't be ... you know ... productive.

ba_dum_tss_pirates_band_of_misfits.gif

Reactions: Defect and CSKA1974

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
The basic PP setup is the same 1-3-1. But seems to me they are using a lot more set plays out of it.

I think they believe Lappy is a good role model for the players. He probably is. But the PK has stunk under him. I think it will improve, though, now that Giroux is back on it.

youthoftoday

Jun 14, 2011
Philly

Sanheim not playing the PP baffles me. I get the kid's struggles on the D end, but he should be comfortable in this situation and a hell of more competent that Manning. I even wanted him as the only D man out there just to give Provy some extra rest. And how TK is not getting time makes zero sense.

Patrick-TK-Rafl-Laughton-Sanheim.

Yes, I want to give Laughton a shot. Maybe give him the down low spot. The 2nd unit has done nothing. It cant't hurt!

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
I think Lappy made some tremendous changes with the youngsters when he was a sort of development coach. He is clearly suited to the role and the players seem to love him, which begs the question. Why the hell is he an assistant coach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad