Why Florida has not succeeded in since franchise born?

Jokerit 16

Feb 8, 2018
Finland
This question comes to mind. Owners has not been patience to rebuild a solid team. Is Dale Tallon right Person to this Job?

Why drafting has been since 2011 Where Panthers select Jonathan Huberdeu quite poor? Now panthers have Key players like Barkov, Huberdeu, Trotchak and few others...

Comments and Good conversation waiting for

The Brodatype

Aug 1, 2014
Panthers have 12 players in their lineup they've drafted since 2010 (best i've found)... Not quite sure how that's not pretty decent with some players that are looking alright out of later rounds. Then also probably patience for the last 4 drafts, those guys would only be 22 now.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Barkov, Ekblad, Trocheck, Weegar, Petro, Matheson,
To name a few, drafting has been fine. Moving effective wingers hasn’t been the wisest decision clearly, but why the F isn’t Dale the right guy?

If ownership would stay outta the way we’d be fine.

I swear this is whiny boardand why I never come around anymore. Everyone just bitches.

Reactions: Bure1096

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Current, or previous? Or both?

Seems like every owner since the team was created.
I'll give credit to the new ones in at least spending money on scouting and getting rid of the mickey mouse crap during the games in the arena. Those Cohen/Viner days were about rock bottom with Yorkman here.
I also give them credit for trying something newer, the analytic part of drafting/scouting aspect but damn it was not really executed properly.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
It's no coincidence that the most successful team in South Florida is the one with the most stable ownership, who incidentally is the only one to have ever owned that franchise.

The 3 that were touched by Huizenga and passed around like a dirty bong have had the worst time building stability and consistency.

the 97 Marlins were in aberration in a way that Huizenga opened the wallet wide to and build a championship team to try to get a new stadium. We all know where that led.

2003 was an extreme dream scenario.....that got dismantled.

Reactions: Laus723

Bobblebee

Formerly Optimus Reim
Dec 22, 2015
B.C.
Owners hold back in some areas, Tallon with bad decisions a few times. I feel like the next few years will really determine the future of this franchise. People need to remember it's not impossible to fold. Thrashers did.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
-Cheap ownership
-Poor management from the GM down to the head coach
-Awful scouting and drafting

2 of those 3 have been a problem every year of the franchises existence.

Reactions: CatscratchFever

CatscratchFever

#CatsAreComing
Dec 11, 2002
O-hi-O
Visit site
-Cheap ownership
-Poor management from the GM down to the head coach
-Awful scouting and drafting

2 of those 3 have been a problem every year of the franchises existence.

This really is it, in a nutshell. We can beat around the bush all we want, but these 3 things are paramount to a successful franchise. It has been a colossal failure.

Reactions: Beezeral

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Barkov, Ekblad, Trocheck, Weegar, Petro, Matheson,
To name a few, drafting has been fine. Moving effective wingers hasn’t been the wisest decision clearly, but why the F isn’t Dale the right guy?

If ownership would stay outta the way we’d be fine.

I swear this is whiny boardand why I never come around anymore. Everyone just *****es.

Drafting has not been fine.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Drafting has not been fine.
this. this team still can't draft past the first round. some of these 2nd round picks show promise, but until they make an impact at the NHL level it's still a bunch of hopes and dreams.

The Brodatype

Aug 1, 2014
this. this team still can't draft past the first round. some of these 2nd round picks show promise, but until they make an impact at the NHL level it's still a bunch of hopes and dreams.

What other teams consistently get players outside of the 1st round?

As I mentioned in my first post Panthers have 12 drafted players in their lineup since 2010, 7 of which few of which are outside of the 1st round. 5 of which were 3rd or higher if you count Dadonov from 2007. I think drafting has been the least of their problems. Since Tallon arrived, funny enough just realized that was the draft that Tallon arrived just before.

I think without the massive hiccup of Gallant being let go and a total reorganization last season with Rowe and ownership. This team, hopefully, would have navigated the expansion draft a bit better and have 1 more top-six forward.

So I'd say Tallon and drafting have been fine if not fantastic.

Reactions: Chino Oscar

Ad

Upcoming events

• Carlton Blues @ Sydney Swans
    Carlton Blues @ Sydney Swans
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $3,470.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes