Why does Therrien think so highly of #17-#81-#22 ??

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo
Everything is a poor decision by MT when we lose, and when we win you don't give him the credit that he is due. That's all I'm going to say about this.

When you sit one of the best players in a game, for 3 games even though you won, you don't deserve it.

**** more cow bell, this team needs more David.

kassian

Sep 27, 2010
Montreal
Everything is a poor decision by MT when we lose, and when we win you don't give him the credit that he is due. That's all I'm going to say about this.

Every poor decision is tangible and observable (as many people point it out), while winning is the product made by players ON THE ICE. Not some guy in a suit behind the bench aka the coach.

Gamimenos

Apr 28, 2009
Every poor decision is tangible and observable (as many people point it out), while winning is the product made by players ON THE ICE. Not some guy in a suit behind the bench aka the coach.

I don't see why this logic can't be applied to losing.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

no, that was a poor decision the minute it happened, regardless of the fact that we still won vs Detroit/NYR.

just because you win, doesn't mean your doing things well.
just because you lose, doesn't mean you are doing things wrong.

over time, the better process generally leads to greater sustained success... but even a blind squirrel finds the nut sometimes... even Jean Perron can win a cup :)

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
We are a grinding team. Filled with good talented players and non-efficient grinders......

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
We are a grinding team. Filled with good talented players and non-efficient grinders......

If we were a grinding team you think he would at least have an efficient system for puck retrieval but he doesnt because he may be the worst systems coach.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
If we were a grinding team you think he would at least have an efficient system for puck retrieval but he doesnt because he may be the worst systems coach.

Just to be sure.....my post had to be followed by this....:sarcasm: We are not a grinding team. Far from it. We are the only dump and retrieve puck team that doesn't retrieve...and even sometimes have a hard time to dump.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Just to be sure.....my post had to be followed by this....:sarcasm: We are not a grinding team. Far from it. We are the only dump and retrieve puck team that doesn't retrieve...and even sometimes have a hard time to dump.

Agreed.. Know what you mean but you'd think if therrien thought we were a grinding team that he'd have at least a good grinding system..

Watch the Kings.. One guy dumps the puck in.. The other two forwards come in and force the defending team to either eat the puck on the wall or force it back to the original dumping forward. They move in unison and use pressure to force the other team to put the puck in areas that favor the Kings.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I find there is a huge disconnect between the type of players MB acquires and the type of system MT employs.

MT still constructs his line up like it's 1999-2003. MB is trying to build a team with three offensive two-way lines and a defensively responsible 4th line, yet MT is turning the 3rd into a checking line and using the 4th as an energy line. It's so outdated.

The team has 4-5 puckmoving D-men on any given night and they're still relying way to often on chipping the puck off the glass or flipping it up in the year hoping for a favorable bounce.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Agreed.. Know what you mean but you'd think if therrien thought we were a grinding team that he'd have at least a good grinding system..

Watch the Kings.. One guy dumps the puck in.. The other two forwards come in and force the defending team to either eat the puck on the wall or force it back to the original dumping forward. They move in unison and use pressure to force the other team to put the puck in areas that favor the Kings.

True.

I find there is a huge disconnect between the type of players MB acquires and the type of system MT employs.

True, true.

There's a distinct disconnect between reality and therriens actions and thoughts

True, true, true. :laugh:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

Unison isn't that a local Audio store? :sarcasm:

We haven't seen much unison since JM.
I rarely see 5 Habs in my screen any more.
We saw them in every zone with Jack.
It got so bad last year I went out and got a 60" Plasma.
Nothin' no close support (with the puck)
We do however get three guys on it when we don't have it.
We just need to swarm ourselves? :sarcasm:

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
They give solid minutes as a line. They're big, they hit, advance the puck, and help build momentum.

That said, I'd really like to see Sekac on there. Agree Weise is a good fourth liner. But those bottom 6 forwards are doing well, even though they're not scoring right now. They make us a harder team to play against than we've been in the past.

A good bottom six on a contender should produce about 50 goals a year. They are not doing well, they are doing terribly **** actually.Last night's loss was a perfect example of where you need the bottom six to spark the team with a big goal.

Habs will start to pay for this soon if it is not fixed. In fact they paid last night. Come on Therrien: What's your plan? None, of course.

By the way, just to let you guys know, I've started seriously ripping on Therrien already and I'm going to keep this up. So there it is. That loss and shutout was ****ing inexcusable. Habs had better destroy Calgary, and no excuses about jet lag either.

Last edited:

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada

When they do dump. The Kings do that much less than other teams seems like.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
No wonder the 3rd line can't score. Weise is a 4th liner and Borque should be in the press box. Bring back Sekac already (don't know why he was benched in the first place). And give Borunival a chance.

I think he's experimenting. Sekac will be back and Bournivak will get his chances.

bouquet

Mar 30, 2014
Québec
we are talking about the post seasons heroes here.. I don't think Michel Therrien can pull the plug as quickly as he woud want. Not to defend him, since there's some other moves he could make .

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
When they do dump. The Kings do that much less than other teams seems like.

One thing is for sure.. the Kings, at their best, in the play-offs, routinely have their 3 forwards working in a pack mentality and their sticks, bodies are all designed to funnel teams into putting the puck in positions that either: put the opposing team in less than ideal offensive situations or a high risk of creating a turnover.

euro

Feb 13, 2013
Patches-DD-Gallagher
Chucky-Pleks-PAP
Bournival-Eller-Sekac
Prust-Malhotra-Weise

Just by doing this....you have a better team !

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad