Why does Canada celebrate Thanksgiving on US's Columbus Day?

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
We don’t give a shit about Columbus, both the man and the city.
Which city: The one in Ohio, or the one in Georgia, or one of the 21 other cities in the U.S. by the same name? Still not as many as the number of "Victoria" place names in Canada. You people just can't let go of your Royal heritage, eh? What you need is a good old-fashioned Tea Party to shake things up.

Sep 19, 2008
We don’t give a shit about Columbus, both the man and the city.
iu

These fine paisans would disagree with you.

@ucanthanzalthetruth

@CycloneLaunch

Reactions: ucanthanzalthetruth

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
At least we don't have a state or province with the same name as our capital on the opposite border. :confused:

Which city: The one in Ohio, or the one in Georgia, or one of the 21 other cities in the U.S. by the same name? Still not as many as the number of "Victoria" place names in Canada. You people just can't let go of your Royal heritage, eh? What you need is a good old-fashioned Tea Party to shake things up.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
I’m a double agent so you’re right. But Columbus is trash, all of them just based on them being named after such an insidious fella. Like living in Ted Bundyville.

iu

These fine paisans would disagree with you.

@ucanthanzalthetruth

@CycloneLaunch
They live in Columbus? Or they’re Canadians who are on the wrong side of the issue?

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Oh, yeah, we've got 31 of those. And I'm sure he slept in every damn one of 'em.

I actually remember George Washington slept here signs, but I can't remember if it was a cartoon staple or where I used to see that as a Canadian. Perhaps also a gag in MAD magazine.

We have a London and Paris here in Ontario. Years ago we had breakfast in London and rode my bike for lunch in Paris.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad