Why do we boo Subban?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
He's the canadiens best player plus he tried to beat up turris in a heated playoff series. He also taunted us last night. What if you boo him and your black ?
I dont dislike subban outside a sports setting but i dont care for him when he's on the ice.

Personally i think the race card is way over blown but i can understand why people of different races might think theyre being mistreated based on their race.

Last edited:

jeangauthier

Oct 10, 2007
Montreal,Canada
He is a jerk. But a very talented one. I just hope he plays well at the Olympics and people will then enjoy his celebration.

If you knew of his off ice contributions you might want to rethink that.........In Boston they boo him from the hit he laid on Marchand and in Toronto I guess it`s because he`s a Hab as for here I`m not sure why........he isn`t boo`d anywhere else as far as I know and I watch every Habs game..........I don`t believe race has anything to do with it.......I would hope not.
I would guess from his start with the Habs he was laying out big hits and not dropping his gloves........still don`t understand the body check and must drop gloves to prove your worth............

Wish you guys luck tomorrow........not a fan of the Rangers.......

83DIZ65

Sep 8, 2011
halifax
Mendez said on the radio that everyone is a little racist subconsciously, and that we have an unrealistic expectation of Subban because he is black.

Its not that he is seemingly smug and full of himself or anything, nor is it because he can come off as a poor sportsman. It's not even that people boo him because he's a great player. Its because all white people, subconsciously hate on him because he isn't white.

Thanks for the lesson, Ian. Appreciate it

I dont buy that ******** for a second I love Iginla am a huge fan of simmonds stewart is great too and nhl2k3 chris neil ;) they are all great black hockey players ive got lots of respect for......but subban is a mouthy cocky heinous litle deuche canoe id like to boot **** about the head for a while other players on that list are sean avery matt cooke and that litle panzy gallagher.....skin color has nothing to do with anything for most people.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
He's the canadiens best player plus he tried to beat up turris in a heated playoff series. He also taunted us last night. What if you boo him and your black ?
I dont dislike subban outside a sports setting but i dont care for him when he's on the ice.

I boo him and I'm black.

I boo Dany Heatley and Matt Cooke too. Do I subconsciously hate white people?

People didn't start booing him til his antics in the playoffs last year. Look at Game 4 for example...he scores a goal and celebrates BY HIMSELF while taunting the fans.

Race has nothing...NOTHING to do with it. Unless I'm some self-hating black guy.

MakeOttawaGreatAgain

Illest guy in town!
Feb 28, 2007
Disclaimer: There might be a couple things in this post that, if out of context, could be offensive. I'm gonna state that they should ONLY be viewed as a parody to how stupid this idea of racist fans booing Subban is.

So, Leafs fans (among others) boo Alfredsson not because he did some dirty plays against them in key games, as well as being one of their biggest rival's best player / captain, but because he's a square-headed, oogie-boogie Swede, right?

I dunno why EVERYONE feels like they need to be a victim. I used to "hate" Subban and Crosby. Why? Because they dominate my team, I'm slightly jealous, and they get into other peoples faces. Same reason why a lot of people hate(d) Ovechkin, Avery, Neil, Emery. It's because they're all ****-disturbers. It's also why a lot of people hate Christiano Ronaldo. He's really good (possibly one of the best players of any sport ever), but he's also really good looking, cocky, dives, and complains. A blend of jealousy and rubbing it in. Not because somewhere in our subconscious a little man is say, "Well, yeee-haw! I dun' der get how dis here Godless savage thinks he can compete with us here white folk. Take our jobs, take our women, and to think we let them vote! I'll be a monkey's uncle." That's exactly as stupid as it sounds. Sure, there probably is a bunch of people who hate him 'cause he's black, but I doubt 20,000 of them gathered up in an arena to boo him:laugh::help:

Subban is getting booed because he's one of the best players in the world and he acts like it. He's not modest at all. But good for him. Now that I've realized how good he is, I'm actually super happy he's a Hab. It gives an awesome rivalry of PK vs Erik which we probably haven't had since Sundin vs Alfie. Sundin never did anything to really warrant booing. Alfie did. This time we have the guy who doesn't really do much and our rivals have the ******.

Last edited:

jeangauthier

Oct 10, 2007
Montreal,Canada
I boo him and I'm black.

I boo Dany Heatley and Matt Cooke too. Do I subconsciously hate white people?

People didn't start booing him til his antics in the playoffs last year. Look at Game 4 for example...he scores a goal and celebrates BY HIMSELF while taunting the fans.

Race has nothing...NOTHING to do with it. Unless I'm some self-hating black guy.

I don`t buy the race thing either.......My Uncle Jean roomed with Willie O`Ree when he was traded to the Bruins back in the 60s and that was a race related issue...........First black man my Uncle ever met:laugh:

Rals

Apr 5, 2011
Ottawa
Because he's a hab.

Screw the habs.

It is hard to boo him though, He's the best interview in the NHL, positively infectious personality

blahblah3

Jan 8, 2010
Because he is slew foot subban and who even yells at his own teammates. Good player, terrible attitude. I have a feeling he is going to try and turn his Team Canada experience into "The Subban Show, vol. 1."

chuck1984

Jan 13, 2012
I'm really really not a fan of the guy, but i still don't know why we boo him.
Yes hes a ****** , yes he's better than karlsson but why boo?
PS: His celebration was fair enough. we boo'd all night, he scored the o.t winner.

Still hate him tho
Cause youd LOVE him on your team

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
He thinks he's the best. He thinks he's better then Karlsson, when he's not even on the same level as Karly.

He's a cool guy for the most part, but sometimes I hate his guts.

Yourkeyparka

Oct 15, 2010
Mendez said on the radio that everyone is a little racist subconsciously, and that we have an unrealistic expectation of Subban because he is black.

Its not that he is seemingly smug and full of himself or anything, nor is it because he can come off as a poor sportsman. It's not even that people boo him because he's a great player. Its because all white people, subconsciously hate on him because he isn't white.

How clever of Ian, I am a closet racist and i don't even know it? What a load of hooey. I dislike PK because of his antics, his me first attitude and showboating and goading and turtling when called upon to defend himself - not his skin colour. I have lost all respect for Ian Mendes - and that is not racism - its for his lack of logic.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

Lol, it's the same thing with sexism, racism and sexuality nowadays. Contradiction at its best.

I'm glad we boo Subban not cause he's black, I'm part black, my best friends are black(and white and asian etc)

It's cause he is a smug in general. He tries to play dirty whenever he can get away with it and then turtles when he has to pay his dues. It also adds to the rivalry between the two and gets our fans more involved in the games cause he's their best player.

If Subban was 3rd liner then yea, I don't wanna see the booing happen.

Don't Canadiens fans boo Karlsson too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad