Why do the hockey gods hate Ryan Callahan?

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
after looking at the replay should be cursing OEL for such a dirty play. What an a-hole move.

Callahan had him beat and he grabs him while going down To try and draw a penalty.
Not really imo. When you start falling you try to prevent it, which OEL did by grabbing Cally. He's not going to have time to think of a clever decision in a couple of tenths of a second. His reflexes just kicked in. I'm sure he'd take it back if he could. Dumb play but not dirty.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
He's 32, he plays a very demanding style on his body, he had a horrible year last year, he's had "bad luck" for a quarter of a season this year. I think he's just done. He's had a good career so far.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Not really imo. When you start falling you try to prevent it, which OEL did by grabbing Cally. He's not going to have time to think of a clever decision in a couple of tenths of a second. His reflexes just kicked in. I'm sure he'd take it back if he could. Dumb play but not dirty.

Of course it's dirty when you're viewing players with a hard-on.

Look at OEL after, he didn't just skate away he looked over and chceked on Callahan and realized he f***ed up. It was an accident, simple as that.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

What I didn’t like was he acted hurt like RDT was saying, and then when he realized Callahan was actually hurt he got right up and felt bad. Maybe not dirty but was stupid as hell.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
That was a very dirty underhanded play by OEL there. Maybe you should have skated harder so you didn't have to drag someone down headlong into the boards.

True colours.

I don’t think he was intentionally trying to hurt him, but def trying to draw a penalty since he knew he was beat to the puck. Dirty might be questionable, but def a stupid play.

Grimm

Jul 21, 2017

^Headshot on Frans.

^^This one on Letang. And my God I hate Letang. But that was brutal.

^^Sweet dive.

He's certainly not the worst around. But he's not exactly an angel. He's crossed the line plenty...

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida

^Headshot on Frans.

^^This one on Letang. And my God I hate Letang. But that was brutal.

^^Sweet dive.

He's certainly not the worst around. But he's not exactly an angel. He's crossed the line plenty...

So are you saying he deserved to get hurt?

Grimm

Jul 21, 2017
Who said he was an angel? This is a thread about him having bad luck with injuries.
For whatever reason, my multi quote isn't working. Gee, you're from FL eh?

"wtf did Callahan ever do to anyone?"

"Why??? The guy is a class act, does not deserve this ****."

"That's too bad for Callahan. He suffered multiple shoulder injuries at the end of his career with the Rangers."

Multiple posters posting about him being classy, too bad for Cally, what did he ever do? The whole thread is about why do the hockey gods hate Ryan Callahan, as if he should have the Lady Byng renamed after him because he's such a clean honest likable player.

I simply made a few examples to refute people on the Cally train. He doesn't deserve it all, but he has his chump moments for sure.

Go cry about me not being a huge Ryan freaking Callahan fan. Jesus bud.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
For whatever reason, my multi quote isn't working. Gee, you're from FL eh?

"wtf did Callahan ever do to anyone?"

"Why??? The guy is a class act, does not deserve this ****."

"That's too bad for Callahan. He suffered multiple shoulder injuries at the end of his career with the Rangers."

Multiple posters posting about him being classy, too bad for Cally, what did he ever do? The whole thread is about why do the hockey gods hate Ryan Callahan, as if he should have the Lady Byng renamed after him because he's such a clean honest likable player.

I simply made a few examples to refute people on the Cally train. He doesn't deserve it all, but he has his chump moments for sure.

Go cry about me not being a huge Ryan freaking Callahan fan. Jesus bud.
The only person crying here seems to be you. We get it you don't like him. Move along bud.

Grimm

Jul 21, 2017
The only person crying here seems to be you. We get it you don't like him. Move along bud.
There are a hundred players I dislike more than Ryan Callahan. Shocked you took such great offense to me posting a couple clips of him being an idiot. Wahhhhh.

Reactions: Sky04

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
There are a hundred players I dislike more than Ryan Callahan. Shocked you took such great offense to me posting a couple clips of him being an idiot. Wahhhhh.

Cally is no angel on the ice, he has made his career getting under the skins of the opponents. My whole point to this thread, is a guy who gives back to the community, goes the extra mile with his foundation for Kids Cancer, is also well respected by his teammates and gives 110% effort in games, does not deserve to have this string of bad luck. I mean , no one really does even if they are a dirt bag on or off the ice. lol. Karma is an interesting thing, and still am trying to figure out what he did wrong to be cursed like this. People saying "he sucks" or "He is done" have not been watching the games. Being overpaid is not the subject of this thread. It's about a guy who works hard on and off the ice but can't catch a lucky break (No pun intended)

Reactions: Master P

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He plays a lot like Mike Richards did. Not really surprised he's regressed so much.

Maybe he needs to go to LA to find resurgence, lol. Actually happy Brown and Gaborik have found their games again. Gaborik looked good last night. Always liked those players.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
This must be the posters 15 and under only thread. Every post is just people being snarky to each other and whining.

Sucks for Callahan, but his career is over. He's out indefinitely at this point and this needs to be his last season on the ice. Absolutely has to be bought out or traded by any means necessary and no team will offer him a new deal. Hang em up.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
cally has one goal this season. it was an empty netter.

he has 50 shots on a goalie this season. 0 goals. 17 shots in his last 6 games, including 2 5-shot games in his last 5.

he has had some miserable luck this season.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
You can't blame everything on bad luck. Cally just doesn't have that good of a shot at this point. But that disallowed goal against the Coyotes... That was bad luck.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
This must be the posters 15 and under only thread. Every post is just people being snarky to each other and whining.

Sucks for Callahan, but his career is over. He's out indefinitely at this point and this needs to be his last season on the ice. Absolutely has to be bought out or traded by any means necessary and no team will offer him a new deal. Hang em up.

Thats hfboards in a nutshell. This site forces people to be condescending to each other since talking shit to someone gets you banned from the thread. But if you really want to see some snark and whining then head on over to he mcdavid vs matthews thread. I don't recommend it though.

Reactions: Bodi Finds the Fire

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad