Why Do So Many Expect the Panthers to Rebound So Strongly?

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
I don't get it. That organization is such a mess. Now they have to clear 10 million in salary. They must be losing so much money. They have so little depth upfront now. And yet it seems like so many on HF pick them as a lock for the playoffs.

Remington 700

Jul 11, 2007
South Park, PA
I don't get it. That organization is such a mess. Now they have to clear 10 million in salary. They must be losing so much money. They have so little depth upfront now. And yet it seems like so many on HF pick them as a lock for the playoffs.

I think people were counting on a rebound before the purge.

Also, sorry for going off topic but with them having to clear $10 million you have to wonder if they would've been better off putting that arena in West Palm Beach.

Between all the Canadian and Northeastern US transplants down there in the WPB-Jupiter area with higher incomes, putting the team outside of Fort Lauderdale is a waste.

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
Before the purge, I thought they had a pretty decent shot at making the playoffs.

Now I think they're a (fairly likely) Ekblad or Barkov injury away from finishing bottom 5, and are still a bottom 10 team with those two healthy.

What a rough off season for them.

Bure1096

Mar 6, 2007
Florida
With Tallon back and cutting 10 million in dead money to spend elsewhere, the hope is that the team will rebound.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Buffalo Florida Detroit Ottawa not making the playoffs.

Montreal and Boston could miss too depending with lack of UFA activity

Bure1096

Mar 6, 2007
Florida
Buffalo Florida Detroit Ottawa not making the playoffs.

Montreal and Boston could miss too depending with lack of UFA activity

Nothing is for certain. Leafs have the pieces to make another run, but how will Matthews fair in his 2nd season?

I see Ottawa, and Boston making it.

Slyfox

Dec 12, 2016
Toronto
I bet Jokinen outperforms Dadonov next year. Team was good just injured and unlucky last year. Instead they blew it up. Tallon seems hellbent on undoing all the moves that were done the year before. I doubt it works

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Supposedly Talon is gonna go all out tomorrow in UFA. That may put some final nails in the coffin. FLA is a mess.

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013
they'll prolly look better after tomorrow or the next day, but they don't look so bad to me. Solid D, Solid C, obviously need to fill out the wings

kalessin

Jun 11, 2007
Ugliest jerseys in the league and well... the less said about the team the better.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
People did before all the expansion stuff, and the stuff this week happened.

With an Atlantic getting much much better, they have gotten worse.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Ownership needs to keep their nose out of hockey ops for right now. This whole past season (and offseason of 2016) was bushleague from them. They seem to wanna spend, unlike previous owners of the Panthers, but they got a little too involved in the hockey ops side of things. Way too involved, not just a little.

No reason to remove Tallon in the first place or ''Promote'' him or whatever that was all about. The whole situation was a mess. I hope he doesn't take the fall next offseason if things don't go very well for them this offseason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad