Why David Pastrnak will be the NHL's next break out star

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
"He'll be top 30 in RW scoring"

Obviously you don't follow the Bruins much :laugh:

Lol. Just razzin Ya. Cool article, thanks for the post. I have high hopes for Pastrnak and hope he can be the next guy

Ten Thousand Hours

Aug 17, 2010
Boston
"He'll be top 30 in RW scoring"

Obviously you don't follow the Bruins much :laugh:

Lol. Just razzin Ya. Cool article, thanks for the post. I have high hopes for Pastrnak and hope he can be the next guy

I know you said you're kidding, but top 30 in RW scoring isn't a rarity here.

Smith and Eriksson are both top 30 this year (at least by NHL.com listed player positions).

Iginla and Smith were top 30 last year.

And in years past, we've had Seguin (although he was never listed as a RW), Horton, Ryder, Kessel and we've inherited Recchi and Jagr. The only RWs under Claude who have had regular spots in our top 9 without ever being top 30 in points are Peverley, Kobasew and Pastrnak.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers

Smith and Eriksson are both top 30 this year (at least by NHL.com listed player positions).

And in years past, we've had Seguin (although he was never listed as a RW), Horton, Ryder, Kessel and we've inherited Recchi and Jagr. The only RWs under Claude who have had regular spots in our top 9 without ever being top 30 in points are Peverley, Kobasew and Pastrnak.

You could have stopped yourself after your first sentence :laugh:

But no actually I like the post, because I think it's not true when people say claude stagnates offense, it just gets spread around more ( right or wrong and I've seen it look wrong plenty of times)

Iceage

Jun 26, 2013

Top 30 at 19 is probably a rarity.

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
I don't know where people get these things from. Right now he does everything softly, rarely guns a shot or pass. Looks like he is being coached so this is not causing a big problem.

Strange Universe

Apr 8, 2009
He is an extremely smart player and seeing what he can do at a young age in the nhl is "a thing of beauty"...Don Cherry like, I know....

I really think he will be a special player one that will please us for some time.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Gee, really going out on a limb there. If you pro rate his totals he's already there

it would make 29 points in 60 games which is almost what Frolik has, 30 in 61 games and occupies the 28th rank.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
I bet he's going to put on a good amount of weight this summer. He's getting loads of experience right now, and he's playing very well with it.

Wouldn't be surprised if he has a season like Seguin did in 2011-12 next year. Not that good, but up there. Not only is he terrific offensively, but he's shown some insane effort defensively. He was blocking shots when they were up 6-1. Management is going to let this kid fly, and he deserves it. He's still only 18... So far ahead of schedule. I thought he wouldn't even play an NHL game for 2 or 3 years.

He's an extremely dedicated kid. He chose the AHL over Sweden.... And it's paying dividends for him. He's also a very personable kid, very easy to coach I'd imagine. We got such a steal in this guy.

PlayoffBeard365

Apr 11, 2014
Cape Cod, MA
Pasta will be a star because he is 1-2 steps ahead of the play. Like Gretzky he is where the puck will be and sees the ice like a super human. Add that to a great attitude. The kid is unreal.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Pastrnak has already shown a higher complete level than 81 or 19 while they were here IMO. Seguins compete level now is where it should have always been, but give David a couple years body wise and look out ....can't help but be impressed by him.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Pastrnak has already shown a higher complete level than 81 or 19 while they were here IMO. Seguins compete level now is where it should have always been, but give David a couple years body wise and look out ....can't help but be impressed by him.

I don't think Seguin is that different from when he was here.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
As soon as upper management is sure he can score 30 goals and doesn't like to play defense he will be gone :cry:

Where does anyone get the impression that he doesn't like to play defense?

Sorry, I don't get it. Anyone who's followed the Bruins for the past few years should be able to see a world of difference between Kessel/Seguin and Pastrnak.

What they have in common: Youth, skill, first-round pick.

What makes Pastrnak different: Willingness to learn, willingness to play defense, coachability, fearlessness, backchecking ability, hockey sense, intensity, dedication to the game.

I'm certainly no psychologist, but Pastrnak, by virtue of his upbringing, would be better compared to a teenager named Patrice Bergeron.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010

Sorry, I don't get it. Anyone who's followed the Bruins for the past few years should be able to see a world of difference between Kessel/Seguin and Pastrnak.

What makes Pastrnak different: Willingness to learn, willingness to play defense, coachability, fearlessness, backchecking ability, hockey sense, intensity, dedication to the game.

I'm certainly no psychologist, but Pastrnak, by virtue of his upbringing, would be better compared to a teenager named Patrice Bergeron.

weird seguin was praised for all of those things by people here.

Thrive

Scoish Velociraptor Maloish
Jan 10, 2009
Massachusetts

Agreed with the above - not sure what everyone else is seeing in Pastrnak. Kid even hits!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad