Why Aren't We More Annoying to Play Against?

Eichel 9

Jan 2, 2007
We have Ott, Kaleta, Foligno and regularly dress Scott, even Gerbe has the ability to be a pest. Before the season started, I was a little giddy at the thought that our team could be one of those teams that everyone complains about. However, we haven't been "pesty" at all so far, what gives?

I want to see threads about us on the main board filled with people complaining.

sabrescupchamps2099

Baseball season!
Dec 30, 2011
Buffalo, New York
Oh some teams still hate us. They expect to win against the 'underdog' and get blown out 7-1 for example. I've seen some "Vanek sucks" posts.

About being aggressive though, that's very rare. Kaleta is very mild this season.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I'm convinced it's all lindy, really. We were definitely harder to play against for the first two games. Ott, Foligno, Kaleta, and Scott were all throwing their weight around, we were getting in people's faces and after that...nothing. It's like he sucks the energy out of guys. I've barely noticed ott being a pest lately

FoSotC

Aug 16, 2010
jackadams06xtkh7.jpg

imyourhuckleberry

Nyaaa..What's Up Doc
Sep 1, 2003
I really have not been impressed by Foligno this season. He has a single moment each game where I'll say, "well that was a nice play" but other than that I'm left wondering, "is this it?"

Last year he seemed to finish his checks, ala Kaleta, which caused a turnover, which in turn, created chances. This year he seems a step slow, gets beat on the wall and is not burying any chances.

I can't possibly be the only one seeing this. He just does not seem to be playing angry out there. By angry I mean like a man who simply will not be taken off the puck, not pushed or tripped in front of the net and who makes other players pay on the boards for having the puck.

AlexanderMogilny89

Oct 19, 2011
I seriously have not been this disappointed in years with their play. Will they ever break out? Will all these players like Vanek and Pommers etc. be to old by the time this team is a contender? Why is Hecht still here? Stafford is not worth what he was given. I wish Gerbe could actually hit the net when he shoots. It just seems everyone on this team is regressing. Obviously the 1st line is playing great.

Lindy wants to play a style suitable to well rounded players, i.e. little difference in zone starts, and we just don't have that roster.

For the most part we have a top 6 of pretty good offensive, not so good defensive forwards, and the opposite on the bottom six. Jason Pominville is our best two way player and no one other than Vanek (so-so to good defensively) comes all that close.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad