Why are some players tied to the hip?

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Kulemin / Grabo
Kessel / Bozak

Every other line changes here and there. Yet these 4 players always stick to the same players.

Kulemin in my opinion is the biggest victim of all of them. Here's a guy if you put in line with Kadri, who can do wonders with the puck, will be perfect for working the boards, watch his back defensively, yet he's being wasted with Grabo who is a give away machine in both ends. I have seen Kulemin get the puck many times in the corners, working hard dishes out to Grabo only for Grabo to spin and give it back to Bruins.

I really think Kulemin is regressing playing with Grabo. If your going to use second line as a checking line, then put Bozak up there. He's a good defensive forward, good on face offs and will look good with Kulemin.

Why not change Kessel around with Grabo, match skills with skills?. One if left handed other right. I really think they can work well together.

Kessel is not good carrying the puck, he's a sniper who needs someone to pass the puck to him. Other than winning faceoffs Bozak can't get him the puck for one timers.

Jerkini

May 31, 2003
Visit site
Unless Kulemin bulldozes his way into a corner to take the puck, he almost never receives a pass from his teammates in the offensive zone. Grabo especially very rarely passes the puck in the offensive zone to begin with.

They're still trying to force a chemistry that hasn't existed for almost two years now. It's time to try new things.

pacdunes

Jan 24, 2011
Arizona & San Fran
there used to be chemistry when Kulemin went hard to the net and scored over 30 goals, but since he's become Stone Hands'lemin, Grabo can't trust him enough to feed it to him.

Jerkini

May 31, 2003
Visit site
there used to be chemistry when Kulemin went hard to the net and scored over 30 goals, but since he's become Stone Hands'lemin, Grabo can't trust him enough to feed it to him.

Grabovski doesn't feed anyone unless it's thanksgiving at the Grabovski household.

eddieO

Jan 9, 2013
The Beach
In a recent pre-game press scrum, Carlyle said he likes to "group" players together. He said something like this: "we have (grabo) and (kule) as a block and (kessel) and (bozak) as a block and maybe we'll tinker with the third guy but I want to keep guys like that together so there's a continuity."

To me, continuity is only good if it yields production and it really hasn't with grabo and kulemin. With Kessel I don't really think it matters who he plays with as I think eventually we'll see him with Kadri.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
In a recent pre-game press scrum, Carlyle said he likes to "group" players together. He said something like this: "we have (grabo) and (kule) as a block and (kessel) and (bozak) as a block and maybe we'll tinker with the third guy but I want to keep guys like that together so there's a continuity."

To me, continuity is only good if it yields production and it really hasn't with grabo and kulemin. With Kessel I don't really think it matters who he plays with as I think eventually we'll see him with Kadri.
Sort of reminds me of when Sundin was chained to Jonas Hoglund:(

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
I hope they don't do the same and keep Frattin tied to the hip with Kadri when he's back -- just doesn't make any sense I tell you. Who cares about chemistry.

Better yet, let's go ahead and move Mac away from Kadri too and pair him up with MacLaren -- what a pair of Mac Duo that would be!

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
I hope they don't do the same and keep Frattin tied to the hip with Kadri when he's back -- just doesn't make any sense I tell you. Who cares about chemistry.

Better yet, let's go ahead and move Mac away from Kadri too and pair him up with MacLaren -- what a pair of Mac Duo that would be!
Difference being that Mac and Kadri are working as a combination and they were not paired together originally. Sometimes if you keep 2 players together for too long the chemical reaction becomes inert.

eddieO

Jan 9, 2013
The Beach

I know you're trying to be hilariously sarcastic but "chemistry" can be achieved by trying other combinations.

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
Difference being that Mac and Kadri are working as a combination and they were not paired together originally. Sometimes if you keep 2 players together for too long the chemical reaction becomes inert.

Ya, this.

There are exceptions to the rule obviously but the worry that were going to miss out on goals because these guys are broken up is crazy.

The decks need to be shuffled.

Mac and Kadri, Fratts and Kadri haven't faltered at all yet so obviously they should be kept together. As the OP stated though, the aformentioned four have been together for three years now and the schtick is getting old.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad