Why are so many people so quick to judgement on things after only a few games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
Sorry--maybe it is the 20+ years I have been on this board that gotten me annoyed at how fast people pass judgement or pass final verdict on something

Well sadly Hfboards threads are mostly comprised of ridiculous hot takes, this team is really bad or really good, fans bragging about their young players, fans trashing players on teams they hate, crystal ball polls etc

Patience and objectivity have no place on these boards.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
It's not too early to point out the fact that Chiarelli messed up. Ships out two vet scoring wingers and expects two kids that have never done anything in the NHL to fill the holes? Nice try PC.

KingBilly

Oct 18, 2008
Considering every single season things look very different in April than they did in October, I get frustrated with it. But I also understand people are looking for anything to jaw about with each other. Otherwise, why would you come here? To see everybody saying in unison "it's too early to say". Hate-reading is part of the appeal.

But when one player has a really good game or a really bad game, and then there's this flurry of the "Matthews is better than McDavid" type posts, "Crosby is washed up", "Laine is bad", you kinda facepalm a bit. Saw earlier people were speculating the Habs will buy out Price, even. That's the stuff where you almost feel embarrassed to even be checking the page.

Reactions: Halakitlikethat

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Take the rivals in Ontario. They are struggling with cohesion right now and that will be fixed and liekwise in MTL at some point, so I am getting my digs in right now. We won't be getting points all the time ourselves, but at the moment? Feeling pretteeeeeeeee good about the Senators and definitely not letting facts get in the way of a good narrative.
Basically, people have a preference they like and they run away with it.

JFHockey

Nov 8, 2014
Calgary
+1 to the mainboards were always a cesspool, it just becomes unbearable when your team sucks and you have thin skin.

Half the reason I come here is the high volume of low quality posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce