News Article: Why are Canucks special event jerseys so expensive - explained?

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
I'm loving the red black and yellow spaghetti skate jerseys. Looks like there's a good chance they're going back to these next year?

Question: the yellow in the sweater looks more like a "lemon" yellow as opposed to a deeper yellow/orange that I remember in the 80s. It looks a little too bright, or is it just me?

Also - they should add a "V" somewhere - maybe on the shoulders, or on the sides of the shorts like they did in the 80s?

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
Question: the yellow in the sweater looks more like a "lemon" yellow as opposed to a deeper yellow/orange that I remember in the 80s. It looks a little too bright, or is it just me?
Yes, I complain about this a lot – there is a lot of historical revisionism over what the Canucks' colors were (orange/gold/black), and I have a strong dislike for the version they're using right now (blood red, lemon yellow, black). I think some of it might actually come from the textured fabric they're using, making it more reflective than CCM jerseys.

But yeah, even when the Canucks (IMO, unfortunately) switched to Calgary's color palette in 1992 (because they had to), they didn't look like the current ones, which basically hurt my eyes.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Yes, I complain about this a lot – there is a lot of historical revisionism over what the Canucks' colors were (orange/gold/black), and I have a strong dislike for the version they're using right now (blood red, lemon yellow, black). I think some of it might actually the textured fabric they're using, making it more reflective than CCM jerseys.

But yeah, even when the Canucks (IMO, unfortunately) switched to Calgary's color palette in 1992 (because they had to), they didn't look like the current ones, which basically hurt my eyes.

• Love
Reactions: Jyrki21

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
make the red and yellow just a little deeper, and add a "V" to the pants and/or maybe the shoulders and it's a winner

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad