Why 1 pm?

falconski

Unregistered User
Jan 21, 2008
Columbus day, I think Boston always plays an early game on Columbus day (note: can't confirm that, it's not the first time we've played at Boston on Columbus day though)

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
Screws those of us in Asia. Midnight start does not sound that bad, until you take into account that I have trained myself to be up in time for the regular 5am start on the east coast. Oh well, will have to try to take a nap before and go back to bed I guess.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
But yeah, really fun for me this, as I now can go to sleep after the game instead of waking up for it after a few hours of sleep.

Unfortunately we only get a few of these a year.

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
11AM wow
Ok Columbus Day massacre it is
Avs players visit MIT prior to game and drink next big drink, do a jekal and Hyde transformation and actually score some goals... I hope!
Go Avs

titan

May 27, 2009
Columbus day, I think Boston always plays an early game on Columbus day (note: can't confirm that, it's not the first time we've played at Boston on Columbus day though)

I remember the Avs playing Boston in an early game on Columbus Day the first year Varly played for us. He shut out the Bruins that day. Let's hope for a repeat performance tomorrow!

IceRat

#BallsOutTheDoor
Mar 4, 2011
I remember the Avs playing Boston in an early game on Columbus Day the first year Varly played for us. He shut out the Bruins that day. Let's hope for a repeat performance tomorrow!

but the game can't end 0-0 :sarcasm:

Chileiceman

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
This is the third time that I can remember that the Avs have played Boston int that timeslot on Canadian thanksgiving.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Would be a big confidence boost if we can pull out the W against Boston.

The 5 game road trip is probably the best thing for this team right now. Hopefully being on the road gives them a chance to start gelling more and they can translate that to the ice. This team is so stacked offensively it's only a matter of time before they start tearing it up. Even last season we went through scoring dry spells.

Keeping lines together for longer than a game would probably help create chemistry faster ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad