Whose got better goaltending prospects?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolDude*

earthstar said:
The Bruins with Toivonen, Sigalet and Brown. Not to mention Raycroft.

Well, I'm not sure they qualify. Raycroft isn't considered a prospect, Toivonen is right up there with Montoya and Lundqvist, Sigalet is a great goalie but he is battling MS and that will slow him down greatly and Brown is a decent prospect at best.

Vic Rattlehead*

bob said:
Well, I'm not sure they qualify. Raycroft isn't considered a prospect, Toivonen is right up there with Montoya and Lundqvist, Sigalet is a great goalie but he is battling MS and that will slow him down greatly and Brown is a decent prospect at best.
His worst case of MS has passed him.

There is also Matti Kaltiainen and Kevin Regan. Bruins are stacked at the goalie position.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Well if other teams are thrown...
The Pens have Fleury, Chiodo, Duba and Goepfert.

For the original question, I'd say Rangers by a decent margin.

Hyack57

Aug 6, 2004
Airdrie, AB
Not that the Canucks have had as strong history of developing goalies the Rangers as of late have had a horrid history developing ANY prospect at any position. That said, if Lundqvist can come over and play his game and not let the Rangers kill his durability and endurance he'll excel. The Rangers will absolutely destroy Montoya's confidence. I'd still say Rangers solely because of Lundqvist although I think Schnieder, Ellis, and Vincent all have starter material.... it'll be just a matter of fidning ice time for all of them in junior and minors.

Attica

Feb 21, 2004
The Office
As far as upside goes, Rangers. Lundqvist could be amazing, but there's also the chance he bombs in NA hockey. All of the canucks potentials have loads of experience in NA hockey. I really don't think Montoya will turn out to be anything special, But Schnieder could be very solid, and I would say he has star upside. Plante could be very good too. Auld has a GAA of 1.98 in the NHL over 20 or so games, I think Auld will be our starter in 2006-2007, with either Schnieder or Plante as our #2. Vincent has all the tools to become a #1.

Overall, as far as depth goes, Vancouver by a mile. Star potential, obviously rangers.

toshiro

Jun 14, 2005
Western Canuckland
Go habs go

:teach:
x-bob said:
Do the Habs come close?

Price, Danis, Halak, Heino-Lindberg, Lacasse

The top seem really good and the 2 next ones have shown a lot of good stuff last year.
A potential star and a potential number 1 puts the habs ahead

aspin

Sep 13, 2002
Regina
Visit site
In a year's time I think it will be obvious to everyone that the Oilers will have the two best young goaltending prospects in Deslauriers and Dubnyk.

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
hmmm...

i'd have to go with the Rags. not by much, though.

how about them Islanders prospects? Michaud, Topping... :eek:

:biglaugh: man, after Dipietro, we're so weak at goal.

if iwere a GM and could pick any teams goalies, i'd take Boston's.

Vic Rattlehead*

CoolDude said:

Toivonen is not right up there, he is ahead of Montoya and Lundqvist.

Chris2004

Dec 22, 2004
Toronto
Matt MacInnis said:
I'm saying they have different types of goaltending stables.

The Rangers have two potential stars.

The Canucks have two potential full time starters and two more guys who could be platoon-type 1A-1B goalies.

With a fans focus on star power, most would say the Rangers.

But that's what it comes down to .... is it not? You can have two potential elite level goalies or 4 'maybe' starters. Montoya, even though I dont really like him, has more potential than all 4 canuck goalies.

I go with the rangers

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
19bruins19 said:
His worst case of MS has passed him.

There is also Matti Kaltiainen and Kevin Regan. Bruins are stacked at the goalie position.

Is there something I'm missing about MS, or isn't it still a degenerative disease?

Qui Gon Dave

Aug 3, 2005
Cheshire, England
toshiro said:
:teach:
A potential star and a potential number 1 puts the habs ahead

Ahead? Ahead of whom? Everyone? Not sure if thats what you mean but if so, lets be realistic here. I like the goalie prospects we have in the organisation, but the potential star you talk of only just turned 18 a few weeks ago if im not mistaken. The key word you used is potential. Some of the guys being talked about are a lot more ready to play in the NHL than our goalies. Danis was impressive last season for the 'Dogs (although, the other guy he was competing with for the spot was nicknamed 'Automatic Loss' for part of the season, not too hard to look good in that respect ;) ) but he aint ready for big minutes in the big league yet. That said, i hope Danis gets to start the odd game or two this season while backing up Theo until Huet is ready to go.

But to stick to the original topic of conversation, although i have limited knowledge of the Rags and Nucks goalie prospects, from what i've read and the little i have seen, i'd go with the Rangers.

Vic Rattlehead*

Legionnaire said:
Is there something I'm missing about MS, or isn't it still a degenerative disease?

I don't know, that's just what I've read. I could be wrong.

SneakerPimp82

Apr 5, 2003
Saint Louis, MO
I'd take the Rangers pair.

For added discussion, I'd say the Blues have very good depth with Schwarz, Bacashihua and Barulin. Schwarz has great potential, while Cash and Barulin also have pretty good upside. Not to mention Beckford-Tseu and Ben Bishop('05 draftee with tremendous size at 6'5" and very agile).

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Attica said:
Overall, as far as depth goes, Vancouver by a mile. Star potential, obviously rangers.
I think Vancouver by a mile is a big stretch. I think Vancouver by inches is generous. The man everyone seems to be forgetting is Chris Holt, who had a very strong season in Nebraska-Omaha. If a bad season warrants Montoya being written off by half the hockey world, one good season should make Holt a star prospect, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad