Who's your captain

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
As for A's, I'm seeing a lot of people omitting Vlasic, and I can't comprehend why

I'd give him one before Couture, before Marleau, and especially before. . . *shudder* . . . Brent Burns

. . . I threw up in my mouth just thinking about that

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Who is it going to be? Pavelski.

Who would I choose? Vlasic.

As for A's, I'm seeing a lot of people omitting Vlasic, and I can't comprehend why

I'd give him one before Couture, before Marleau, and especially before. . . *shudder* . . . Brent Burns

He's a guy that just naturally flies under the radar. I've been advocating for Vlasic as captain for many months now.

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
FWIW, I remember TMac saying some things along the lines of how he expected Vlasic to step up and play a bigger role as a locker room leader and was disappointed when he didn't

http://nbcbayarea.csnbayarea.com/sharks/sharks-outlook-vlasic-among-biggest-bargains-nhl
Vlasic also acted as one of the team’s alternate captains, and that didn’t seem to play out as planned, either. While Vlasic has an abundance of skill and hockey sense, and is arguably the most indispensable player on the team, former coach Todd McLellan indicated late in the year that Vlasic had some “work to do†in terms of leadership. Whether he acts as an alternate again this season Peter DeBoer will determine in training camp, but part of the reason Paul Martin was added was to bring in a veteran presence on the blue line that had been sorely missing since Dan Boyle’s departure.

Sleepy

rEf jOsE
Apr 7, 2009
FWIW, I remember TMac saying some things along the lines of how he expected Vlasic to step up and play a bigger role as a locker room leader and was disappointed when he didn't

http://nbcbayarea.csnbayarea.com/sharks/sharks-outlook-vlasic-among-biggest-bargains-nhl

While I have no idea what goes on in the locker room, of one thing I am certain:

Doug Wilson and Todd McLellan have done more to undermine locker room leadership and teamwork than any GM/Coach in Sharks history. So frankly, I couldn't give a rats ass who Todd (or Doug) thinks should or shouldn't be Captain.

Edit: Not an attack on your opinion sharski, and I appreciate the linking of relevant information. This was just my personal rant on the Sharks terrible handling of the last season. Being reminded that Todd made comments as if he knew what leadership the Sharks needed opened some not-yet-healed wounds.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Pavs for C just makes sense.

As far as the A's go, I would like to see Couture get one. I think he is the kind of player who will step up his game with more responsibility and a letter on his jersey.

Goldenshark

Sep 16, 2007
Vacaville

In my picks I omitted Vlasic because he doesn't seem like a leader to me, but that's just me. I gave A's to Thornton and Marleau because of their longevity with the team and the fact that they both used to be Captains of the Sharks. That alone tells me they still have some kind of leadership presence in the locker room.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Honestly kinda surprised by Logan but thinking on it, not really sure who else you could pick than Marleau or Vlasic.

magic school bus

Jun 4, 2010
San Jose, CA
Since we can't give it back to Thornton or Marleau, I have to go with Pavelski here. He's earned it. Darkhorse candidate: Wingels, great guy & has a big enough role on the team that it's not weird.

edit: didn't even notice the news was out!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad