who's watching the crown?

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Bruins declining, Pittsburgh fans talking about a rebuild, rangers built for a very short window, los Angeles coming up short this year, who are the teams that project to be great in three years?

I can see the hawks, blues, and Montreal maybe. Especially in the East, though, might be a bit of a power vacuum just as were coming up.

Chemical

Jul 22, 2014
Especially if the Sabres or a western team win the lottery. Tampa Bay is also pretty young with good prospects, so they should be around if they can re-sign Stamkos.

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
Tampa. Just wait until Vasilevskiy hits his prime.

This times a million. Tampa is already strong and will continue to get stronger. Stamkos still has a number of good years left, and they have a ton of young talent. A guy like Drouin has barely scratched the surface.

And back to the OP...I see Calgary and Colorado being quite good in the next two or three years.

ZeroPT*

I must say watching the former giants collapse is pretty awesome.

A new generation is being ushered in before our very eyes, and as mentioned, it's ****ing awesome.

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje
I'd add Florida to teams already mentioned. They've got some solid players heading in to their prime, they've got some interesting prospects and they've got Ekblad and Barkov as icing on the cake.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
In 3 years I can see the top teams being:

In the east: Isles, Tampa, Florida, Jackets
In the west: Calgary, Jets, Ducks, Hawks

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
I think Minnesota is going to be good for a long time. Tampa will be next year's juggernaut and great for the next 5-6 years with the talent and youth they have on the roster and in the pipeline. Calgary is looking like they're finally on the way up, I like what they're doing and how they're doing it.

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
In 3 years, I think the top contenders will be:

East: Tampa, Buffalo, Montreal, Columbus
West: Chicago, Colorado, Calgary, Seattle (formerly Florida)... maybe Edmonton?

LottoPlease

Dec 30, 2013
Pegulaville
So tough to say, definitely going to be exciting to watch though.

Calgary for sure, very impressive turnaround.

Nashville is pretty scary with the kids they have to build around.

Colorado is coming off the end of their rebuild, maybe they'll grab a Dman this year at the draft

Dallas should go up as Seguin enters his prime IMO, what are their primary needs?

Minnesota has that healthy blend of veterans and youth to keep them going.

Same with St. Louis and Anaheim (and Winnipeg?)

Tampa's about to have a dynasty

Isles, Habs, Panthers, Sens?

Sabres should start to become a serious threat to everyone above at this point.

RoofIt5hole

Ball Don't Lie
Jul 1, 2014
Chicago
Chicago's gonna crash and burn real quick. Stan's a jackass.

Top contenders will be NYR, Isles, Sabres, Calgary, Winnipeg, CBJ, Wild, from what I can see now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad