blues-celebrate-3.jpg

• Love
Reactions: jura and BlueKnight

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Schenn

Easy choice. Interviews well, sticks up for his teammates, has some skill, will punch you in the face if you piss him off.

Reactions: LetsGoBooze

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I know you're joking, but I don't like Pitlick. He gets out of control.
Really? I’ve seen you say this a couple times but I really don’t see it. What do you mean by out of control?

I don’t like him either but that’s just because I think he’s useless and provides nothing.

LogosBlue

May 16, 2018
After last nights game, i demand Toropchenko be added to this list. He may not be able to speak English very well but I like where his heart and head are.

May be a little tongue in cheek but I'm just sayin.... I like this kid and I'm sure Berube does too. Hope he sees an opportunity here with this club and runs with it. Thats the kind of player i watch games to root for!!!

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Really? I’ve seen you say this a couple times but I really don’t see it. What do you mean by out of control?

I don’t like him either but that’s just because I think he’s useless and provides nothing.
Yes, I’ve posted this twice now. Next time he appears out of control, I’ll point it out.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
After last nights game, i demand Toropchenko be added to this list. He may not be able to speak English very well but I like where his heart and head are.

May be a little tongue in cheek but I'm just sayin.... I like this kid and I'm sure Berube does too. Hope he sees an opportunity here with this club and runs with it. Thats the kind of player i watch games to root for!!!
You can definitely scratch Kyrou and Thomas off the list.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
I think my main takeaway is it’s stunning Buch received 0 votes. He feels like the real pick for player I want leading the team going forward.

PJJJP

Dec 2, 2021
I think my main takeaway is it’s stunning Buch received 0 votes. He feels like the real pick for player I want leading the team going forward.
Buch doesn't really strike me as a Captain. He does his job and does it well and puts in the work, but I don't really see him being "the guy" in the locker room.

Reactions: BlueDream

PJJJP

Dec 2, 2021
Fair enough. Is “the guy” in this room?
No idea. Maybe there is and they haven't grown enough or stepped up enough. Most people aren't naturally gifted leaders or comfortable with leadership roles. I remember when I was made a captain of a high school sports and looking back on it I was so awkward and wasn't suited for the role. In college I became more comfortable with leadership roles and communicating, setting examples, etc.... Maybe the younger guys aren't comfortable with leadership roles now but they grow into them or maybe they are just simply good players that need other people to motivate them.

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

The main job of the Captain is to talk to the refs. That is the actual job. That is why there are letters. Its not about who leads in the locker room. A leader does not need a letter on his chest to lead. Often times its good to reward your leaders with a letter, but that is not why there are letters to begin with.

Having a C who cannot speak English well is a terrible idea. Do you really want Buch advocating for a rule interpretation? He is very shy and soft spoken, speaking very hesitant English in his interviews. He speaks understandable English, but he is very slow and doesn't like to say too much. He seems uncomfortable with it still. That is not who you want when trying to persuade the refs.

Reactions: Spicy Panger

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
I hope they just go with A’s. I don’t see a C on the team unless ROR comes back. Someone will have to step up between now and the end of next season to warrant the honor.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006

I want to add a little more.

Pitlick has a little bit of Backes in him, in that he angrily reacts to opposing players. I don't remember him drawing a penalty because of his reactions, but he needs to calm down a little and stop chasing hits.

Kind of a poor man's Blais, which isn't saying much. Sorry Sammy. I'm a huge fan.

I love it that Pitlick is physical, but he seems to often be behind the play and lacks anticipation.

That was what I meant and today I just thought of the Backes comparison.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
My preference would be to not name one. Rotate As between 4ish guys. If one of them really steps up to take the job, then make that person the captain.

Unless in the unlikely event ROR re-signs here. Then he gets it back.
After last night’s debacle, I’m going to have to double down on this. No C until there’s a very clear choice. Right now, there’s not. And I doubt that changes in Sept/Oct.

Allens Five Hole

Jan 17, 2017
After last night, if I was forced to choose from the current players on our roster I would pick Parayko. He is calmness personified (sometimes to a fault) and generally a lovely person. His demeanor reminds me of our two previous captains who've both had great tenures as a Blue.

Someone else can take on the rah rah speeches but I think that Parayko would make plenty of sense if we were choosing to fill this role now.

Reactions: Blueston

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
After last night, if I was forced to choose from the current players on our roster I would pick Parayko. He is calmness personified (sometimes to a fault) and generally a lovely person. His demeanor reminds me of our two previous captains who've both had great tenures as a Blue.

Someone else can take on the rah rah speeches but I think that Parayko would make plenty of sense if we were choosing to fill this role now.
I think this is good point. As much as I love Schenn, he may be too emotional.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I want to add a little more.

Pitlick has a little bit of Backes in him, in that he angrily reacts to opposing players. I don't remember him drawing a penalty because of his reactions, but he needs to calm down a little and stop chasing hits.

Kind of a poor man's Blais, which isn't saying much. Sorry Sammy. I'm a huge fan.

I love it that Pitlick is physical, but he seems to often be behind the play and lacks anticipation.

That was what I meant and today I just thought of the Backes comparison.
Interesting. I don’t see that at all. Pitlick looks extremely calm to me, I’ve never seen him start a skirmish.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Interesting. I don’t see that at all. Pitlick looks extremely calm to me, I’ve never seen him start a skirmish.
Not starting skirmishes, but retaliatory in a way that has not appeared controlled, to me.

I've seen it a couple times, but maybe I'm exaggerating it. Anyway, it was just a quick observation.

ArenaRat

Jan 19, 2022
Nola
I voted for Buch and I would love if he wore the C next. He embodies leadership and contributes in so many ways, and makes guys around him better. He works his ass off all over the ice. He could be a great Blues captain, and he's earned it. Of course, I expect it will be Schenn or Thomas, but it would also be smart of the Blues to give it to Buch -- it likely weighs in his decision to re-up when his contract ends. not a bad secondary benefit.

Reactions: Blueston

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I think Parayko might respond well to the challenge of being captain. Could be a turn around moment for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad