Who's the coldest team going into the playoffs?

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
NYR have had nothing to play for in weeks, and are playing like it. They are coasting in and if they don't wake up in a hurry they will pay the price.

Yeah to coast for the final game or two is ok, but when you are coasting as long as the Rangers, it is not good. They need to wake up before the games that matter start. I am still optimistic that they can take on Montreal.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Leafs have lost two in a row.

Rangers, Sharks and Columbus have only won 3 of their last 10 games.

All four are sucking right now.

Of course, the playoffs is another animal.
The only four teams with less than 10 home losses are:
Washington, Pittsburgh, Anaheim and Nashville.
Every other team had better pull their socks up.

We lost to Washington, and a desperate bolts team. The Leafs "sucking" is quite a stretch tbh.

If we lose to Pittsburgh and Columbus, I'll admit you're right.

JustABlackhawksFan

Jun 2, 2015
Hawks have lost 3 in a row. Yes it was after they clinched top seed in the West, but still losing is contagious and not a good thing heading into the playoffs. Last game is against LA on Saturday.

True but the Hawks have been missing their 2C Anisimov for awhile. Plus in the Avs game, they were playing without Keith and Hjalmarsson. In the Ducks game, they were resting Toews, Keith, Seabrook, Hjalmarsson, and Hossa.

Soooo these last few games aren't really representative of how they will look in the playoffs. But it is a bit weird because it's tough to gauge as a fan where they're really at right now.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Hawks have lost 3 in a row. Yes it was after they clinched top seed in the West, but still losing is contagious and not a good thing heading into the playoffs. Last game is against LA on Saturday.
If Calgary wins Saturday
Hawks are getting a 1st round bye so there is no concern about them.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Jackets have looked like **** by and large but they did bag 4 last game so perhaps the offense is starting to come back.

Wendy Clear

Generic Statement of Happiness
Jun 20, 2010
Europe. Somewhere.
Jackets have looked really, really, REALLY impotent offensively in the few games I've watched recently. Granted, they popped a few last night against the pathetic Jets D, but I'm worried about their chances considering they'll have to outscore the Pens. They aren't gonna beat them 2-1 many games.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
coldest has to be the Sharks. Doesn't necessarily mean "sure to lose the first round" IMO. IIRC wild backed into a some playoffs in the last four years and still won a couple first rounds.

Wild have been playing some easy teams lately, true, but without expecting anyone who hasn't watched to buy it they have been playing much better lately, even if it's not as good as our peak this year. Trending up from the low point for sure.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
We lost to Washington, and a desperate bolts team. The Leafs "sucking" is quite a stretch tbh.

If we lose to Pittsburgh and Columbus, I'll admit you're right.

We could lose to Pittsburgh.
It will be very damning if we lose to the cold as ice Jackets.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Don't need to.
Only need ONE.

I'm not sure if they're cold, but gunshy.
NYR, CBJ are pretty cold, as are the Sens.

With the Sens, it comes more to injuries than anything else.

Most teams that lose their entire top pairing will go cold.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Jackets are limping right now on D with 2 of the best U24 defenders in the league out both on the left side. We are going to rest our way in because we are about to go to war in the first series. If we aren't healthy and rested we are ****ed. We had a huge win streak this year a 7 game skid wont hurt. We are actually bringing in a rookie that just flew in from Sweden to play this next game on D just to try **** out.

Also weather wise it did just snow 2 days in a row in northeast Ohio so might be the coldest literally too.

sharkhawk

Jun 1, 2013
Aurora, IL

Weren't the hawks 0-4 going into the 2015 Stanley Cup playoffs? And they finished 3rd in the division that year. I think momentum is over rated with veteran teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad