Who's the better goal scorer, Drake Batherson or Mitch Marner?

Who's the better goal scorer, Drake Batherson or Mitch Marner?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mar 26, 2010
Op is asking goal scoring. Don't you predict both to consistently score 20 something goals going forward?
No. Batherson is not a consistent 20 goal scorer in the NHL.

Moving forward, he looks like a decent player. The Sens may get lucky on a guy who was drafted in the 4th round.

Trying to compare him to Marner is asinine.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I think both will get around 20-25 goals a season, but I can see Batherson getting to 30 for a couple years playing with Jimmy. Going with Drake

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
Just the fact that that a #121 pick is being debated with a #4 pick is a testament to how good a player Batherson has been this year.

This is in no way a knock on Marner because he has easily met and surpassed all expectations from fans and experts alike.

Goal scoring? Hard to say, I'd like to see a few more years from Batherson. Overall? I don't think any sane person can argue against Marner in this case.

Mar 26, 2010
Just the fact that that a #121 pick is being debated with a #4 pick is a testament to how good a player Batherson has been this year.
There is NO fact this is being debated. A Sens fan is trying to pump the tires of a player on his team. There is no debate. Of coarse the trolls on here that always follow Leaf threads around and flame them always vote against the Leaf player. They live for hilarious threads like this.

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
There is NO fact this is being debated. A Sens fan is trying to pump the tires of a player on his team. There is no debate. Of coarse the trolls on here that always follow Leaf threads around and flame them always vote against the Leaf player. They live for hilarious threads like this.
Did you read the rest of my post or see who I voted for?

As far as the bolded part, I disagree because if it's a poll, of course it's gonna be debated.

The way I read your post is that you're upset because I said Batherson is good although I voted for Marner. Maybe I misinterpreted your post but my point is simple.

Batherson is a very good young player but right now, Marner is better and has proven himself.

Last edited:

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
yeah i think Batherson has the potential to outscore Marner in the coming years.

also who is Jimmy?

Crc15xKUsAAjaQN.jpg

Reactions: CatchyTune

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
never heard that before. Tim = Jim = Jimmy :huh:

It's actually a pretty funny story.

Stutzle was getting a lot of media attention during the World Juniors so Brady Tkachuk thought it would be funny if everyone on the team pretended that they didn't know his name when he arrived in the Sens dressing room.

So they all started calling him Jimmy and it stuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad