Who's the better centre right now?

Who's the better centre right now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

datboichoi

May 26, 2020
Couple of years ago I’d vote Getzlaf confidently, but his play has fell of a cliff the past couple of seasons while Staal has remained a strong offensive threat. Can’t vote but I’d rather take Staal in my top six

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
upload_2020-6-17_22-36-10.gif

Reactions: LokiDog

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Getzlaf just. He’s putting up almost as good numbers but is playing on a much worse roster with terrible linemates. The number of times he set players up for tap ins last season to see them fan on the shot or miss the net altogether was infuriating.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Couple of years ago I’d vote Getzlaf confidently, but his play has fell of a cliff the past couple of seasons while Staal has remained a strong offensive threat. Can’t vote but I’d rather take Staal in my top six

Over past two seasons Getzlaf has paced for 54 points per 82 games where as Staal has paced for 55 per 82 games. His play has fallen off a cliff compared to where it was but it’s not like Staal is still an elite offensive threat. Both are good 2Cs still at this point of their careers and there’s not much separating them.

Conbon

Oct 4, 2016
London
Really want to see Getzlaf moved to Calgary to move Monahan out of that 1c role and do some damage in the playoffs

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Getzlaf by a land slide in years past...Staal's resurgence made it closer. Still think it's Getzlaf by a decent margin, he just needs some weapons to work with.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I think it's actually Staal at this point. Getzlaf is still the better playmaker by a mile, but he's a guy who just didn't have a step to lose in the first place. As he's getting old, he's just lost a little bit more than i think Eric Staal has.

It's close enough though, that i could see an argument for either one of them at this point...depending on what sort of wingers you're flanking them with.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00