Who's our 17th best prospect?

Who's our 17th best prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Sulak got 2 voted more than Setkov, but I'll take them both out. Just to get faster progress.

1. RW - Filip Zadina, 93.2%
2. C/LW - Michael Rasmussen, 63.0%
3. RD - Filip Hronek, 64.9%
4. LD - Dennis Cholowski, 60.0%
5. C - Joe Veleno, 47.7%
6. W - Jonatan Berggren, 60%
7. W - Evgeny Svechnikov, 76.4%
8. LD - Jared McIsaac, 40.2%
9. RD - Gustav Lindström, 43.9%
10. RD - Vili Saarijärvi 25%
11. LD - Joe Hicketts 25.3%
12. G - Filip Larsson 23%
13. RD - Alec Regula 29%
14. W - Givani Smith 25%
15. LD - Libor Sulak, 22.5%
16. LD - Malte Setkov, 19.7%

Adds are Kivenmäki and Holway.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Definitely think Turgeon should be ahead of the others here, only remaining guy who you can say for sure will get NHL time.

I think his ceiling dropped a bit on the moment he got these blood cot issues.

4th line center at maximum, but could see him have the Emmerton-faith.

When you have Larkin for the next decade, when you have Nielsen for 4 years, , even if you trade Glendening, then you have Helm for 3 years, and you have Veleno coming and 2019 1st selection with 80% proability being a Center...

.. that's why don't see future or nowadays room for Turgeon.

Larkin
2019 1st pick
Nielsen
Helm/Glendening
Veleno
Turgeon

Current guys will block him and the future guys will overtake him. If we get him traded for a low-round pick, fine.

Last edited:

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I think his ceiling dropped a bit on the moment he got these blood cot issues.

4th line center at maximum, but could see him have the Emmerton-faith.

When you have Larkin for the next decade, when you have Nielsen for 4 years, , even if you trade Glendening, then you have Helm for 3 years, and you have Veleno coming and 2019 1st selection with 80% proability being a Center...

.. that's why don't see future or nowadays room for Turgeon.

Larkin
2019 1st pick
Nielsen
Helm/Glendening
Veleno
Turgeon

Current guys will block him and the future guys will overtake him. If we get him traded for a low-round pick, fine.

I don't really see Helm as a center, and I wouldn't be counting that 19 pick before it's made (weren't we supposed to pick a D this year?). More to the point, it's not a big deal for a center to slide over to wing. If Turgeon can hack it as a 4th line center, I don't think he'll have a huge issue being a 4th line wing, if not for us then for another team.

That said, I also wouldn't be surprised to see Pope, Pearson, or Holmstrom overtake him this year.

Add Holmstrom, btw.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Went with Kasper this round. This will be a "show me" year for him at BU with the departure of a lot of upper classmen. If he steps up, which I think he will, his stock will go way up. I like his edgy game and look forward to watching his progress this year.

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
If Zetterberg does not play this year, the team will be quit thin at center. That will give Turgeon a chance to play this year.

From a health standpoint, now that he has under gone surgery, the problem should be resolved.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Look at Popes numbers in the NCAA. Theres talk about him making the team this year in the media.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad