7. W - Evgeny Svechnikov, 76.4%
8. LD - Jared McIsaac, 40.2%
9. RD - Gustav Lindström, 43.9%
10. RD - Vili Saarijärvi 25%
11. LD - Joe Hicketts 25.3%
12. G - Filip Larsson 23%
13. RD - Alec Regula 29%
14. W - Givani Smith 25%

Again two guys were almost equal compared to others, I did take them both off the options.

O'Reilly and Barton are adds.

Hugh Mongusbig

Mar 7, 2012
Its interesting that HF members here have Veleno as only the Wings' 5th best prospect, yet according to the recent article in the sporting news, Veleno is listed as #24 of the top 50 overall prospects, with Zadina coming in at #8 on the list. According to the article, only Zadina and Veleno in the Wing's pipeline were in the top 50 prospects list, and yet everyone here seems to think Veleno is only our 5th best prospect.
Rasmussen, Hronek, and Cholowski weren't even mentioned in the top 50 prospects.... and yet everyone here seems to think they are better prospects than Veleno.

Seems to be quite a disconnect going on.

My vote is for Sulak at #15, even though I think he should be higher on the list, as he is more likely to be an everyday NHL'er vs guys like Hicketts or Saarijarvi in my opinion.

Reactions: waltdetroit

Fil Larkmanthanasiou

Feb 10, 2018
Its interesting that HF members here have Veleno as only the Wings' 5th best prospect, yet according to the recent article in the sporting news, Veleno is listed as #24 of the top 50 overall prospects, with Zadina coming in at #8 on the list. According to the article, only Zadina and Veleno in the Wing's pipeline were in the top 50 prospects list, and yet everyone here seems to think Veleno is only our 5th best prospect.
Rasmussen, Hronek, and Cholowski weren't even mentioned in the top 50 prospects.... and yet everyone here seems to think they are better prospects than Veleno.

My vote is for Sulak at #15, even though I think he should be higher on the list, as he is more likely to be an everyday NHL'er vs guys like Hicketts or Saarijarvi in my opinion.
Veleno wasn’t even drafted in the top 24 among the prospects in his draft class. That’s just one person’s opinion

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA

They have Petterson and Svech above Dahlin. Their lists are beyond suspect.

Reactions: 21 Savage

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
Setkov solely on potential. I like Sulak, Turg, & Pope. For me 9-18 are interchangeable as all have good points.

Reactions: RabidBadger

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Pretty much what Walt said, for me. I had a strong hunch about Setkov from the start.

No adds for me. If we're going to 20 what we have on the list should fill this poll out.

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
Toss up between Setkov and Kotkansalo for me, soley based on potential. However out of the remaining prospects I see Turgeon as most likely to carve out a NHL career.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Pretty much what Walt said, for me. I had a strong hunch about Setkov from the start.

No adds for me. If we're going to 20 what we have on the list should fill this poll out.

Maybe we go all guys through...

...would be interesting to find out who's our worst prospect. :)

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
Sound like I'm repeating myself, but low upside aside, Turgeon is the closest thing to a surefire 100+ game NHLer in there, something I personally don't expect of several players listed above him (though would like to be proven wrong).
Setkov, Kost, and Sulak may be more intriguing, but are still essentially complete unknowns at the NHL and even AHL level.

It's either Turgeon or Pope for me. Add the midget guy we just drafted, not even going to try to attempt to spell a Finnish Name

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015

I've seen plenty of top 50 lists not even mentioning Veleno while listing Ras/Zadina/Hronek. Most top 50 lists going around atm are very subjective so i wouldn't put too much emphasis on them.

Personally I think there's a toss up between Veleno and Cholo at 4.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad