Who's on your Mount Rushmore of Music?

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Let's do this based on what artists/bands have impacted your life the most or, at the very least, who you listen to the most. I'll start:

Johnny Cash
Willie Nelson
2Pac
J Cole

Shoot!

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Faure, Bach, Miles Davis, and Pat Metheny

Bands: Beatles, Radiohead, the Clash, Talk Talk

Last edited:

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
John Lennon, Serge Gainsbourg, Diamanda Galas, Nina Simone

with a little statue of Mike Patton on top that's pissing on them

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Brazil: Djavan, Antonio Carlos Jobim, Gilberto Gil, Seu Jorge

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Brian Wilson (The Beach Boys)
Roberto Burgos (Sweet Trip)
John Lennon (The Beatles)
MF DOOM

This is in terms of who I've listened to and has influenced my own music the most.

Last edited:

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
The obvious answer since it's already done:nod:

upload_2021-5-7_16-46-23.jpeg

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
depends on your musical tastes

Example--I see a few said Johnny Cash or Willie Nelson

Both were were influenced by Hank Williams SR.

For those who say Bob Dylan--I say Woody Guthrie or Pete Seeger

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Yeah, I think DOOM has nudged his way there for me. He's a genius lyricist/rapper and an inimitable producer.

I would be willing to bet a few bucks that 99% of this board did not who Doom was till he died. I came across him only because I was into old school hip hop from the late 70's early 80's and a few guys I know gave me one of his CDs. I prefer Ice-T (stuff he did before he became an actor)

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I would be willing to bet a few bucks that 99% of this board did not who Doom was till he died. I came across him only because I was into old school hip hop from the late 70's early 80's and a few guys I know gave me one of his CDs. I prefer Ice-T (stuff he did before he became an actor)

His death thread wasn't very active, but I mean, it's a hockey board. I started listening to him deeply about 2 years ago. I was only very familiar with Madvillainy at the time. I always knew who he was but I'd gotten away from hip-hop for a while.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
No matter what style of music you like I can't see how anyone could not put Michael Jackson up there.

The only question would be would it be the black Michael or the white Michael.

Reactions: Club

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Of course DOOM isn't mainstream but he is far from obscure IMO. If you knew literally anything about underground rap you at least knew his name. By far one of the most well known and respected rappers in the underground and for good reason.

I remember when I first started making music I was making terrible hip hop beats and always put DOOM vocals on them lol. One of the few deaths of a public figure that really hit home for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad