Who's most likely to break out this year?

Who's most likely to break out this year?

• Quinton Byfield

Votes: 21 25.3%
  • Arthur Kaliyev

Votes: 10 12.0%
  • Alex Turcotte

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • Tobias Bjornfot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jordan Spence

Votes: 20 24.1%
  • Brandt Clarke

Votes: 21 25.3%
  • Other

Votes: 5 6.0%

• Total voters

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
It reminds me of something my dad would say a lot: I like to talk to intelligent people and I like to hear intelligent people talk.
So he pretty much only ever talked to himself?

1695752834473.png

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
What even qualifies as a breakout? It feels like it needs to be one of Byfield or Clarke at minimum. Given Clarke isn’t pencilled in to the lineup, I guess it comes down to Byfield.

I’m sure kings fans will feel good if he puts up 40’ish points. But that’s not a breakout league wide. The floor there is 60’ish points. I guess the thing working in his favor is playing with Kempe (and Kopitar). But he and that line have to consistently outscore their matchups to stick together. Because he’s the first one off of there if things aren’t working.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
If teams continue to put lesser checkers against Kevin Fiala, I think it is going to be Kaliyev. If Kaliyev gets the opportunity to play with Fiala and PLD there is no excuse for him not to succeed. It's a dream scenario for a goal-scorer to play with a distributor like that and not have to face top checkers.

.5 PPG is the minimum for Byfield or the sirens start to go off and the questions on whether he can produce at the NHL level start to become very valid. He, like Kaliyev is being put into a position to succeed offensively, and has no more excuses if the production isn't there. In particular he needs to show that he can score goals at the NHL level, I think even his strongest defenders can acknowledge that has been a huge weakness to his game, 8 goals in 99 games is abysmal. I'm personally hoping for something like 20G/30A.

Last edited:

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
He went to the

I get the Kali prediction.

Byfield went to the Kopi line and they became the second best GF% in the league.

Maybe you push the sirens on your goal light hat but there are a million more out there.

I follow Lt. Dan because he is always swining and occasionally has a base hit.

I blocked Schitt firms, obviously I am super worried about what the good old angry at Blake boy (bores) club comments

Lol, can you tell.

Keep trying with those weak ass attempts.

Really didn't even have anything to add, so consider this a raised finger at some of these follow the herd comments

I couldn't care less who you blocked or follow, if you want to play that game I know you are probably on more blocked lists than anyone else on this forum.

And yeah, you know me, my opinions on this forum have always been about following a herd and being a sheep. That's totally me.

• Haha
Reactions: tigermask48

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Your comments about the AHL are way off, however as the Tiger pointed out.

Except my example kind of proves his point. Hickey spent significant time in the AHL and never amounted to much of anything. Certainly not the career of a 4th overall pick in the draft.

As I said I was genuinely trying to engage Herby in discussion and wanted more info on his philosophy because I can see both sides of the argument.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Except my example kind of proves his point. Hickey spent significant time in the AHL and never amounted to much of anything. Certainly not the career of a 4th overall pick in the draft.

As I said I was genuinely trying to engage Herby in discussion and wanted more info on his philosophy because I can see both sides of the argument.

Some players will prove the case either way, I was talking from a macro perspective.

I was trying for a breakthrough from another angle- financial, as explained.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad