Who's most likely to break out this year?

Who's most likely to break out this year?

• Quinton Byfield

Votes: 21 25.3%
  • Arthur Kaliyev

Votes: 10 12.0%
  • Alex Turcotte

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • Tobias Bjornfot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jordan Spence

Votes: 20 24.1%
  • Brandt Clarke

Votes: 21 25.3%
  • Other

Votes: 5 6.0%

• Total voters

aceofpace

Mar 19, 2016
Since we've averaged a breakout player each of the last two years (Kempe, Vilardi), I think we we can assume at least one of our young ones will break out this year. Who's the most likely candidate?

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I think Clarke will exceed expectations more than Byfield, and people will reflect on the season more.

I still expect Byfield to do well and hit at least 45 points, but it won't be enough for many people.

Reactions: KopitarGOAT420

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Clarke and I don’t think it’s close for reasons I’ve mentioned many times.

Koala_Portrait_Lone_Pine_Koala_Sanctuary_Brisbane_Australia_1280x960.jpg

My boy Turcotte is on the ups

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Will Todd even play Clarke though? History says no.

He played him last year until he had to stop, if it wasn't 9 straight it was close. Kaliyev, sure. But TM seems enamored with Clarke, you can hear it when he speaks about him. There was absolutely no hesitancy in putting him in the lineup. If he stayed up I think TM would have him in there most nights, which was why I was so annoyed when he was sent down. Usually, when they just want a guy to get 9 games they go slower to maximize roster time. Wouldn't surprise me if there were some differing opinions on whether they should just burn his first year. Keeping on the roster after those 9 was just sooo weird. Something else was going on.

For the question, I think it's Spence. Not that I don't think Clarke or Byfield can, I just think Spence has the greatest odds of doing so.

Reactions: Seattle King

yankeeking

Jun 4, 2007
I.E.
Byfield and Spence the first half and then Clarke gets settled in and leads them to division title going to be a hell of a year

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Clarke will be the only one on this list afforded an opportunity to succeed by the koala other than Byfield. I see Clarke as a much better prospect than Byfield at this point so going with him.

Of course when Clarke gets sent to Ontario in 2 - 3 weeks in favor of keeping Englund then all of this becomes moot.

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
It’s entirely dependent on which established player(s) get injured, and for how long.

Unless someone gets a Durzi-like opportunity due to injury, I don’t see any particularly noteworthy breakout opportunities. Only mild improvements.

Soapdodger

Dec 31, 2007
I think that Kaliyev will break out this season. Byfield will also be a much better player but in my mind still under the level he was expected to be at this point in his career.
Yes, Clarke will be good, too. But it will take half a season for him to get up to pace. Next season will he will get to another level.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
It's basically the only way he can get someone to communicate & discuss with him. Most just ignore now.
Only insane people quote themselves
in his defense, you can't really blame him. everyone else here has given up trying to have any kind of a fruitful discussion

Only insane people quote themselves
in his defense, you can't really blame him. everyone else here has given up trying to have any kind of a fruitful discussion
right again LT!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad