Who's more popular in Pittsburgh? Crosby or Malkin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antaris

Totally Trustworthy
Dec 5, 2010
Sweden
I'd say Vitale is the champion of the hearts of Pittsburgh-ians.

soooo... neither?

(It's probably a tie, Crosby with the slight edge)

aSockalypse

Feb 9, 2011
Voted Even.

Can't pick one over the other. Crosby is the captain, the face, and THE guy. But everyone loves Geno.
Hard to explain fully, maybe someone else thinking like me can say it better haha.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
For hockey fans - even. Crosby is the leader while Geno's dedication steals our heart.

For regular Pittsburgh fans - Crosby. And it ain't even close.

Wes C Addle

Bernard Shakey
Jul 4, 2007
Allentown, Pa
I think it's Crosby. He was the first great thing Pens fans had to cheer for his rookie season after going through the fire sale years. Had he not gotten a one year head start on Geno things may have been different. Though with Malkins inability to speak English that early probably not, and a lot of Pens fan were disappointed that Malkin didn't come over to the NHL a la Ovechkin in that 05-06 season too. I will say that since then though, the gap has narrowed considerably, especially with Geno's personality starting to shine through.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
For hockey fans - even. Crosby is the leader while Geno's dedication steals our heart.

ya pretty much that. If you pick 100 people off the streets downtown I bet 75% say Crosby. If you pick 100 people coming out of the arena, I bet its about split.

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010

Yep, this is it.

For a while, I was more for Geno than Crosby. Crosby won me over a bit more when he started dedicating his summers to getting better. They are both just two amazing players we're lucky to have.

Gold Diamond

Watermarks
Jul 11, 2008
Coatesville, PA
Right now, it's Malkin. He's been spectacular for us over the past year whilst Crosby has been hurt for all of 2011. It's not Sid's fault, mind you, but still.

Jahodac

Feb 12, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Crosby, but Geno isn't far behind and starting to steal some of Crosby's thunder. Both are very dedicated and have great personalities on and off the ice. The Penguins are so fortunate to have both.

I personally like Crosby better but Geno is winning back my heart from his subpar seasons (still near a ppg).

SkullSplitter

Jul 12, 2007
Pittsburgh
Crosby's more of a household name among non hockey fans, but I think it'd be pretty even if you interviewed Pens fans. Even when we had Lemieux there were still plenty of people saying their favorite Pen was Jagr.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
It's about as even as even can be in the city of Pittsburgh. Opinions may differ on a message board, but I think everyone in the city puts both on equal levels.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Ehhh. Yinzers change their opinions quickly. Last season it was Sid AINEC. This season it's Malkin AINEC. Both are generational talents and should have equal popularity deserving of their talent level and accomplishments on and off the ice.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
The fact that we get to choose between these two amazing players - priceless.
Although I have a tremendous respect for Crosby and think that he is THE BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD (before injury), I have to admit that I love 71 a bit more. I just cannot even imagine watching games without him, he is my favorite athlete now in the world.
And I really really dislike Russia and Russians, root against them (that has deeper roots, whatever)

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
No Sid Pens have a much harder road.

Love Geno, and it's no slight on him, but he's the vodka of a White Russian, while....Sid's the milk. If you get what I mean?

Frank Gallagher

Guess who's back.
Apr 14, 2009
Pennsylvania
I see so many Malkin jerseys around, I'm beginning to believe he may be the favorite, but as for me and my house, it will always be Letang. ;)

Then Malksby.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I see so many Malkin jerseys around, I'm beginning to believe he may be the favorite, but as for me and my house, it will always be Letang. ;)

Then Malksby.

Before Sid's injury, you would see more Sid jerseys. It's whomever is on top I guess, which is about the norm for most fans.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
It's Crosby, but not by as much as you would think. Malkin has a huge following and for good reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad