Who's gonna play his first NHL game in 17-18?

Elche1975

Jun 22, 2014
Who are the players who will play for sure in the nhl this year(and never played before)?

The safe bet only.....

Shipashov
Dadonov
Antipin
N.Patrick
and who else???

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Flyers will have 5+ by the end of the season.

Patrick
Lindblom
Morin
Hagg
Sanheim
Myers*
Aube-Kubel*
Lyon*
Bardeau*
Carey*

*Unlikely, but possible

Seeing that 162 players made their NHL debut in 2017 alone, I think this is going to be a long list.

It felt like there were an abnormal amount of rookies/first time players last year. Either way league-wide there should still be 100+ "first games".

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
It felt like there were an abnormal amount of rookies/first time players last year. Either way league-wide there should still be 100+ "first games".

There were actually more the year before (167), but we'll probably see the most-ever this upcoming season thanks to Vegas. They should pretty easily add 10 to that total, while other teams who lost players in expansion try and fill their own vacancies internally. It wouldn't surprise me if we saw close to 200.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
There were actually more the year before (167), but we'll probably see the most-ever this upcoming season thanks to Vegas. They should pretty easily add 10 to that total, while other teams who lost players in expansion try and fill their own vacancies internally. It wouldn't surprise me if we saw close to 200.

Wow wouldn't have guess that. I suppose I thought that due to the abundance of quality rooks.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
For Calgary:
C Ryan Lomberg
LW Morgan Klimchuk
LW Andrew Mangiapane
RW Spencer Foo

Should all get their first NHL games in next season. Maybe LD Josh Healey too. And David Rittich should get his first NHL start.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Who are the players who will play for sure in the nhl this year(and never played before)?

The safe bet only.....

Shipashov
Dadonov
Antipin
N.Patrick
and who else???

Dadonov played in the NHL a few years back he played like 50 games over 3 seasons in Florida IIRC. He then got traded to Carolina and bolted to Russia for like 4 years.

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
Jerabek for the Habs and that's pretty much it.

Unless Juulsen is awesome and we have 5 D in the infirmary, I think you're right. Most of our NHL ready prospects have been tested in at least one game already.

Charlie Lindgren - 1
Nikita Sherback - 3
Brett Lernout - 3
Charles Hudon - 6

Elche1975

Jun 22, 2014
Seeing that 162 players made their NHL debut in 2017 alone, I think this is going to be a long list.

We're talking of guys who will crack 23 men roster in October, guys who could end up being regular nhl'ers not call up in January when there is 12 injuries on a team!

Elche1975

Jun 22, 2014
Dadonov played in the NHL a few years back he played like 50 games over 3 seasons in Florida IIRC. He then got traded to Carolina and bolted to Russia for like 4 years.

Thanks i should of verified that one since i knew he was drafted back then!

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
We're talking of guys who will crack 23 men roster in October, guys who could end up being regular nhl'ers not call up in January when there is 12 injuries on a team!

Maybe alter the title a little, because that is what it implies. What first time NHL players will on an opening night roster is a lot different than who's gonna play his first NHL game in 17-18.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Unless Juulsen is awesome and we have 5 D in the infirmary, I think you're right. Most of our NHL ready prospects have been tested in at least one game already.

Charlie Lindgren - 1
Nikita Sherback - 3
Brett Lernout - 3
Charles Hudon - 6

I think he was asking about players that could/will be regular players. Juulsen might get a couple of games if as you said we have a ton of injuries but he will not make the team.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
Probably nobody on the Sens. Chlapik or Perron would be the most likely, with an outside chance for Brown.

I see now that I missed the point of the thread.... this title should probably be edited. Pretty confusing.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Probably nobody on the Sens. Chlapik or Perron would be the most likely, with an outside chance for Brown.

I see now that I missed the point of the thread.... this title should probably be edited. Pretty confusing.

I think Jaros maybe has a shot.

I agree that Chlapik probably has the biggest chance for forwards since Paul, McCormick, Englund have all played already.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
I think Jaros maybe has a shot.

I agree that Chlapik probably has the biggest chance for forwards since Paul, McCormick, Englund have all played already.

Yeah good call, I should have included him as well but I think he would be the least likely out of him, Perron and Chlapik.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
I'd be shocked if Luke Kunin didn't get at least a few games.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Probably Sam Steel if Kesler isn't ready for season opener. I don't think he sticks for year though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad