WC: Who's going to a game at the IIHF Worldchampionships in Switzerland?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vodka_Tonic

Sep 30, 2006
Zürich
Anyone going?
I was planning on going on sunday and wednesday in Kloten, not sure about going later during the tournament, prices are quite high.

If anyone is interested, we could do a HF Boards meet and have a beer.

koh19

May 19, 2006
Fribourg
Yep, I'm going to Bern on May 4th to see an intermediate round game. Hopefully switzerland will be playing.

On another note, Switzerland just beat USA 5-2 in a friendly. Not bad. USA was only icing 3 lines though.

SwissStef

Jul 27, 2007
I will be in Bern on April 24th...

Tonight, Switzerland was impressive in period 2 + 3...we will see how far they will go in the tournament!
I predict the quaterfinals :sarcasm:

4rde

Dec 13, 2008
Maybe if i get the tickets for free, we'll see. But hotel and the flights will cost alot.

Anyways go Switzerland! 5-2 win over usa last night and both had the team they will start with in wc :handclap:

WeberStreit

Jan 31, 2008
I'll go to Switzerland-Russia, Switzerland-Germany, Russia-France, Germany-France, the second semi-final game + the bronze game (not sure with that one..).

ChrisObey

Oct 4, 2008
Austria
I'll probably (no tickets yet :rant: ) make the road trip from Austria to Switzerland, which is around 6hours by car, and watch Sweden-Austria on 25th April. :handclap:

NLfan

Feb 17, 2008
Remember your gametickets are also valid for travelling by public transport to the venues at no extra costs. So you can travel free on trains, buses and trams. I will visit 2 games in Berne on may 1st and 1 game in Kloten on may 2nd.

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
wow, how did you do that? Did you get a package or something?

I got a final round package, plus tickets to 7 other games. I had some money saved for a trip to New York which I had to cancel, so I decided to buy WC tickets instead.

My first idea was to buy a package for all games played in Bern, but those crazy prices were really too much.

TheFirstSaviour

May 22, 2008
Vancouver/Basel
It's great to see so many Swiss posts on here.

I am going to six games. Sweden v USA, Canada v Slovakia, two qualifying round games, the bronze game and the final.

I hope my fiance doesn't cancel the wedding with this tournament and the NHL Playoffs on right now. :)

bolt thrower

No war!
Aug 26, 2006
It's great to see so many Swiss posts on here.

I am going to six games. Sweden v USA, Canada v Slovakia, two qualifying round games, the bronze game and the final.

I hope my fiance doesn't cancel the wedding with this tournament and the NHL Playoffs on right now. :)[/QUOTE]

Good luck:)
Buy her some flowers and swiss chocolate:)

Vodka_Tonic

Sep 30, 2006
Zürich
i've been to the eventzone in kloten twice now, saturday and sunday afternoon. i like what they did with the tent and all, the atmosphere is quite relaxed and joyfull. i did not notice those incindents between slovaks and hungarians tho.
finnish fans are even more entertaining than some of the bands that are playing :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille