Who's getting Wemby - The San Antonio Spurs win the 2023 lottery

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Spurs definitely know when to be bad at the right time.

Pop lives forever.

Reactions: Power Man

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
I wish I could say I'm surprised. Some franchises are just blessed
I'll put it to you this way...RealGM had San Antonio as the overwhelming favorite prior to the lottery

No one is surprised that franchise just happens to win the lottery yet again. Lame but whatever.

Could be worse for Detroit. They could be Houston. Who won the coin flip with San Antonio to pick #2 prior to tonight.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
A team that went 17-65 falls to 5.

Is this really the right system? Seems like you should not fall 4 spots when you are that bad.
To be fair, Detroit would have been better had they had Cunningham at all last year.

Still bad and probably still in the top 3. But I like our future better than say Houston.

Elvis P

Everybody on the whole cell block
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Victor has been sentenced to 5 seasons at the U of Alaska. In the post-Kawhi draft era Pops has been one of the worst GMs in NBA history. This is bad for Victor and the NBA.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Pretty absurd system to be honest
Unfortunately, tanking is all too prevalent in the NBA. Thus, they are trying to limit the benefit of being terrible.

Spurs definitely know when to be bad at the right time.

Pop lives forever.
David Robinson, Tim Duncan, and now Web.... Always landing a big...

NBA can't be thrilled. Not the ideal market. I'm sure they were hoping for Houston, given the odds.

Reactions: Elvis P

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Unfortunately, tanking is all too prevalent in the NBA. Thus, they are trying to limit the benefit of being terrible.

David Robinson, Tim Duncan, and now Web.... Always landing a big...

NBA can't be thrilled. Not the ideal market. I'm sure they were hoping for Houston, given the odds.
I don’t think they care, without LA or NY involved. Everyone else is a ‘big market’ when they need to be one.

Reactions: Voight

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I don’t think they care, without LA or NY involved. Everyone else is a ‘big market’ when they need to be one.
Nba can’t really complain given the elite 8 in the PO were LAL, GS, AZ,Den, Bos, phi, ny and Mia. 7/8 are like top 10 markets.

Reactions: Voight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad