Who's faster? Laine or Matthews?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Completely agree :)
This thread isn't about the canucks yet you chose to be salty.

you opened yourself up to that to be fair by saying Laine is the better
hockey player. Not only was it not relevant to this thread, it is clearly an unpopular opinion.

TDK67

Apr 17, 2016
Haha you ok bro? It's internet. Relax fam

Let it all out, you'll feel better man. I believe in you!

I'm great, bro, how about you, bro?

Seems like you're repressing a lot of negative feelings about your crap team, bro. Anything you want to talk about, bro? I don't really believe in you, bro, but maybe if you try harder you'll feel better about your life, bro. Good luck, bro!

TDK67

Apr 17, 2016
you opened yourself up to that to be fair by saying Laine is the better
hockey player. Not only was it not relevant to this thread, it is clearly an unpopular opinion.

Lol glad someone caught this! Dude takes a cheap shot then whines when someone fires back. Like don't dish crap out if you can't take it :laugh:

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012

Seems like you're repressing a lot of negative feelings about your crap team, bro. Anything you want to talk about, bro? I don't really believe in you, bro, but maybe if you try harder you'll feel better about your life, bro. Good luck, bro!

I admire your nobility.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
this seems relevant

Top speed I'd say Laine
Deftness and acceleration Matthews

Damn he is so slow :sarcasm:

No doubt Matthews is overall a better skater, but since the question is who is faster, I didn't even vote because I have no idea what Matthews' top speed is like

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Matthews is the better skater. Laine might have him beat at top speed, but so much of the game is played in short bursts. Unless you play a style similar to Bure where he would go end to end with incredible speed and puck handling a players top speed is less important imo than his agility.

I'd vote Matthews here.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Trash poll asking "who's faster" in title and "better skater" in the poll. No reason to even vote.

Mar 26, 2010
I really hope for your guys sake you're not being serious lol

100% serious.

Matthews is faster and the better player.

If Toronto wanted Laine we could have taken him! We had the first pick, NOT Winnipeg. T.O took the better player first. Always remember that. Toronto did not want Laine LOL.

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014

Keep going I'm almost there! It's funny cuz all I said was my opinion that Laine is better than Matthews and you spend all afternoon raging bud.
Don't be mad just because I'm right! :)
Call your doctor before you blow a blood vessel. I just wanna look out for your best interests buddy

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
Matthews is an elite skater in the league. Not even because of his speed, but because of all of the other aspects of his skating. The strength he has on his edges is probably the best element of his skating abilities. He's still faster than Laine though.

TDK67

Apr 17, 2016
Yeah you mad. Come back any time bruh.

Keep going I'm almost there! It's funny cuz all I said was my opinion that Laine is better than Matthews and you spend all afternoon raging bud.
Don't be mad just because I'm right! :)

Only somebody with nothing happening in their life would perceive a few comments as "raging all afternoon". Don't be mad at me just because the real world isn't working out for you :)

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
Only somebody with nothing happening in their life would perceive a few comments as "raging all afternoon". Don't be mad at me just because the real world isn't working out for you :)

Ayyyyyy the personal attacks keep coming. You should stop, they really hurt! I hope you're proud that you insulted a 13 year old over the internet!

TDK67

Apr 17, 2016
Ayyyyyy the personal attacks keep coming. You should stop, they really hurt! I hope you're proud that you insulted a 13 year old over the internet!

This explains everything. Should have guessed based on the crap posting. My bad.

Varcus

Dec 3, 2015
Laine is faster, But Matthews is the better skater. What kind of trickery is this? To make a poll Laine and Matthews both win one of the questions.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
The reason Matthews looks faster than Laine is due to a couple things, he has much better acceleration and he is much faster with the puck on his stick than Laine is. That why it looks like he's noticeably faster.

Skating speed without the puck is completely different, it's a toss up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad