Who's faster? Laine or Matthews?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowsii

Jan 6, 2014
Eh?

Title ask; Who's faster? And poll ask "better skater" ?

Which one is it? Laine might match Matthews in top speed, but everything else goes to Matthews.

So: Faster skater; Tie or Laine.
Better skater; Matthews.

TDK67

Apr 17, 2016
Poll says "better skater". Thread says "faster". Those are two different things.

Top speed: Laine > Matthews
Acceleration: Matthews > Laine
Overall Skating: Matthews > Laine

So b/c the question is unclear gotta give it to Matthews.

Narow

Nov 11, 2016
Uhh laine is slow.

I would definatly not call hin slow..he caught mackinnon on a rush with a defensive play (altho his reach probably helped out alot) while also beating his time around the rink..mnot sure how much stock id put in that.

With that said i still think matthews is probably faster in acceleration while laine might have the edge in top speed.

Last season that is, who knows what they are like now

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
In a straight up race I'd go with Laine but in a start and stop game like hockey I'd go with Matthews due to his agility and acceleration

Zamuz

Oct 27, 2011
Finland
Laine had better time than Mackinnon at fastest skater competition. I doubt Matthews is faster than MacK, so it's probably safe to say Laine is faster.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Laine had better time than Mackinnon at fastest skater competition. I doubt Matthews is faster than MacK, so it's probably safe to say Laine is faster.

Pretty sure Kinnon gave up half way through, when McD was doing what he does, so wouldn't believe in that stat.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Laine is surprisingly fast in top speed.. I think he's slightly faster than Matthews in top speed. So i guess i'd go with Laine as the faster skater.

But everything else skating related goes to Matthews.

So what do i vote? :dunno:

TDK67

Apr 17, 2016
Completely agree :)
This thread isn't about the canucks yet you chose to be salty.

This thread isn't about who's the "better hockey player", yet you chose to be salty because the Canucks are garbage and don't have anyone remotely comparable :)

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
This thread isn't about who's the "better hockey player", yet you chose to be salty because the Canucks are garbage and don't have anyone remotely comparable :)

Haha you ok bro? It's internet. Relax fam

Let it all out, you'll feel better man. I believe in you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad