WC: Who's Excited?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
I guess you watched wrong games in wrong tournament...especially first match 1st period were Swedes totally lame...Russians outplayed us in finals mainly in 1st period, not Swedes. Yes we were a bit lucky in semi-final, but definitely not outplayed.

He might have tuned into the wrong games :sarcasm:

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
more excited about the world cup, because i'll probably be able to go to some games, but international hockey always excites me.

I also never understand the butthurt canadian and american fans after the world championships. I live on a continent full of sore losers.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
I feel the same about north american ice.

I on the other hand like both ice surfaces but can't stand NHL rules which may make players ineligable just because they are banned from the NHL.

The refs were also very odd in the last world cup, but I am not so sure that was because of their bias, could've been just a fluke.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Ofcourse. ;)

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if you had more enjoyment seeing Canada lose than Sweden winning.

Almost;)

I guess you watched wrong games in wrong tournament...especially first match 1st period were Swedes totally lame...Russians outplayed us in finals mainly in 1st period, not Swedes. Yes we were a bit lucky in semi-final, but definitely not outplayed.

In the two games between us, Sweden were better in 4.5 periods, Czechs in 1.5.

Jagr said they were lucky in the first game, and Sweden were even better in the second game.

You had the better goalie, we had better skaters.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
more excited about the world cup, because i'll probably be able to go to some games, but international hockey always excites me.

I also never understand the butthurt canadian and american fans after the world championships. I live on a continent full of sore losers.

Are you sure about that?

Almost;)

In the two games between us, Sweden were better in 4.5 periods, Czechs in 1.5.

Jagr said they were lucky in the first game, and Sweden were even better in the second game.

You had the better goalie, we had better skaters.

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
I enjoy the world championships.

Why are now talking about making changes? (I think I know why)

It's been a disadvantage for Canada for years and I couldn't care less.

It's also been a disadvantage for European countries too.

But it has a history behind it....leave it alone.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
I live here, buddy :laugh:

Without getting off topic, perhaps you could pm a real answer to me, as i live "here" too and I didn't here a single peep about the refs blowing it, the other teams cheating and taking drugs, the Germans poisoning us, the game times, poor hotels, etc.

Winnipeg Jets

Lucky #7
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
Not a fan of the large ice surface, just doesn't do it for me. However I'm looking forward to the next one so we can redeem ourselves, maybe :P

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Not gonna lie, I'm always kinda pumped up whenever we play whether it be juniors or seniors(except for Euro Hockey Tour). Next year will be extra exciting because of our change of coaches and to see whether it will affect our WCH squad. Hopefully we'll be staying young.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad