WC: Who's Excited?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Que Sera Sera

Dec 30, 2009
Ontario, Canada
I look around these boards and all I see are people who seem disgruntled by the WC and not excited for the next one. Personally, I loved this tournament, and I am really hoping Sweden can fulfill a gold medal next year. Am I the only one pumped for the next round of WC hockey? Bring it on.
:yo:

EbencoyE

Nov 26, 2006
and just think, a few months after the next World Champs we'll have a World Cup! Tons of international hockey next summer.

teme

Feb 28, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
I think it was one of the better tournaments in memory. Germans, Danes, Swiss more than just putting up a fight. And the final was exiciting. High quality of play overall.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
and just think, a few months after the next World Champs we'll have a World Cup! Tons of international hockey next summer.

As I posted in a couple of threads, World Cup in 2011 is unlikely at the moment. NHLPA being the main organizer in that and them not having a leader at the moment has meant that nothing has happened as far as organizing it.

On topic, of course I'm looking forward to next year's Worlds. Hoping to see Granlund, Pulkkinen and Vatanen there.

Dominus

Nov 5, 2004
Hell yeah I was excited about this tournament, and the next! I often really hate these forums during WCs when every ****ing thread is full of people proclaiming how they don't care, or how this tournament doesn't matter. :laugh:

Though right now I'm even more excited about Stanley Cup Finals, upcoming FIFA World Cup and NHL Premiere in Helsinki next October. :yo:

Snoil11

Aug 30, 2006
Germany
I was really excited about this tournament and the German run made me realize how much more I would value a German medal at the World Championships or Olympics compared to a Stanley Cup for the Flames.

Tavaresmagicalplay*

I was really excited about this tournament and the German run made me realize how much more I would value a German medal at the World Championships or Olympics compared to a Stanley Cup for the Flames.

Yeah I think a lot of international players feel that way too. Thats why it bugs the crap out of me how for the last couple of years after a final CBC has always grabbed a euro and asked him the inevitable question of "Whats bigger to you, olympic gold or the cup" and the european player is always going to dodge the question. Anyways sort of a side note.

Extremely dissapointed with Canadas performance and not only that the team that was put together. I thought they underachieved but I also thought a better team could've been put together and thats something that bugs me. So yes I'm really looking forward to how the young players can step up next time around.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
Yeah I think a lot of international players feel that way too. Thats why it bugs the crap out of me how for the last couple of years after a final CBC has always grabbed a euro and asked him the inevitable question of "Whats bigger to you, olympic gold or the cup" and the european player is always going to dodge the question. Anyways sort of a side note.

Extremely dissapointed with Canadas performance and not only that the team that was put together. I thought they underachieved but I also thought a better team could've been put together and thats something that bugs me. So yes I'm really looking forward to how the young players can step up next time around.

legit question

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I'd be more excited if the U.S. was able to ice a competitive team and an easier way to watch the games....

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
I'm still disappointed with this years WC since we outplayed Czech Rep twice, and still lost both games. The last after letting in a goal with 7 seconds left of the game.

Oh well, Canada sucked - and I always love when that happens:D

Tavaresmagicalplay*

legit question

Well the thing is you know the answer, you know that these guys don't really want to answer that and you know that these guys don't want their NA teammates to think less of them if they say that the Olympics/WCs are bigger. Samuelsson dodged the question so they asked Malkin the next year and he wouldn't answer it either. It's just best if they don't even bother imo.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
Definitely looking forward to it. Hopefully we can bring back the core of our team this year with some more talented youth

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
I'm still disappointed with this years WC since we outplayed Czech Rep twice, and still lost both games. The last after letting in a goal with 7 seconds left of the game.

Ofcourse. ;)

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if you had more enjoyment seeing Canada lose than Sweden winning.

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada

As a Canadian, I actually think the Olympic Gold Medal is more meaningful. For Canadians, remember how excited everyone was when we won gold, even non-hockey fans? The Olympic Medal unites a nation rather than just a city. Plus you only have a chance every four years to win one (and an even longer wait to win one on home soil).

Holkoun

Feb 14, 2010
Prague

I guess you watched wrong games in wrong tournament...especially first match 1st period were Swedes totally lame...Russians outplayed us in finals mainly in 1st period, not Swedes. Yes we were a bit lucky in semi-final, but definitely not outplayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille