Who's Better Offensively This Season: Point Or Crosby?

Who is better offensively this season?

• Total voters

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Let me know when point scores 13 goals in a playoff run and then follows that up with 21 points in 12 playoff games.

If you cannot admit that Point is a much better player than Guentzel, whats the point of having a conversation with you? I hate both teams and Point is much better it's not really close.

talitintti

Oct 13, 2018
at 5v5 he was kinda scoring at a borderline first line rate. this year his offense is elite again
Who cares? His oish% was career low last year and he made up for that producing massively at power play. Now his oish% at 5vs5 has spiked very high and suddenly his 5vs5 scoring rate looks tremendous even though he's exactly the same player he was last year.

You need to learn to read advanced stats better than just look at a yearly 5vs5 p1/60...

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Who cares? His oish% was career low last year and he made up for that producing massively at power play. Now his oish% at 5vs5 has spiked very high and suddenly his 5vs5 scoring rate looks tremendous even though he's exactly the same player he was last year.

You need to learn to read advanced stats better than just look at a yearly 5vs5 p1/60...
i was aware his oish% was unsustainably low lol

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver

On-ice shooting variances suggests regression to the mean, but that's often confused with pure luck, when over sample sizes that large it's as much about a player playing better or worse, but at a level that is likely not going to continue based on their history. Crosby was noticeably less engaged last year and playing more on the perimeter than usual, which is generally going to lead to lower percentage chances. That's what led to the talk of him "saving it" for the playoffs. The difference isn't as pronounced as the statistics, but I think he's been appreciably better this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad