Who's Better Offensively This Season: Point Or Crosby?

Who is better offensively this season?

• Total voters

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
@daver, watch how many people use context in answering the question. This is what people do for a lot of players, not just McDavid.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
for this season alone, close but point. crosby wasnt good offensively last year but has been this year, only a few guys have been better like point and marner.

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
for this season alone, close but point. crosby wasnt good offensively last year but has been this year, only a few guys have been better like point and marner.

I bet Crosby will win because Point plays on a better team/with better players. Daver apparently thinks none of these factors are important, if you look at the Art Ross thread.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
I bet Crosby will win because Point plays on a better team/with better players. Daver apparently thinks none of these factors are important, if you look at the Art Ross thread.

I never said they weren't important, just not important enough where baseless speculations are thrown around.

This comparison proves nothing. Even if you tried to ignore reputation etc..., unlike McDavid and Crosby, Point is the #2 guy on his line, not the offensive driver, and the #1 guy is putting up an era best pace at this point. That makes a difference.

Point vs. Draisatl is the better comparison.

Reputation should not be ignored here either. Crosby is 100% proven to be an elite point producer, let alone just a Top Ten one, with any quality of linemates. He gets the benefit of the doubt that he produces regardless. Point scored 66 points last year, he does not get the benefit of the doubt that he still produces at his current clip if he played with different linemates/on a different team.

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
Point playing 2 minutes per game less than Crosby. Scored 5 more goals and have 3 more points. Obliviously Point is better this season so far.

the guy without Kucherov on his wing

Crosby has way better teammates on team Canada. But he has a bit better stats with Pens.

Last edited:

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Unless you're one of those folks who is obsessed with advanced stats such as P/60 or whatever, the answer is Crosby. He's producing as much, in less games, and without having the league leading scoring on his wing to help him out.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Crosby.

Point is playing on the GSW. A lot of them are putting up ridiculous numbers.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
at 5v5 he was kinda scoring at a borderline first line rate. this year his offense is elite again
89pts is apparently not good anymore in this league. So many bad, bad players.

Well, I for one would have been happy to have a bad offensive player like Crosby on my team last season. He'd have been the top scorer on my team, and by a wide margin.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
comparing guentzel to point in any way shape or form is awful

Good thing I wasn't comparing Guentzel to Point.

I was comparing the gap between Kucherov and Point, to the gap between Crosby and Guentzel, to highlight how silly your original point (pardon the pun) was.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Good thing I wasn't comparing Guentzel to Point.

I was comparing the gap between Kucherov and Point, to the gap between Crosby and Guentzel, to highlight how silly your original point (pardon the pun) was.
point is very clearly WAY better than guentzel. so do you still think Crosby is way better than kucherov?????

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad