Who's Been Better This Season: Elias Pettersson or Evgeni Malkin?

Who has been better in the 2018-2019 season?

• Total voters

DieTomi

Auston "50 Goals" Matthews
Aug 4, 2017
Hamilton
Malkin has been awful this year but could turn it around in a flash. Pettersson has been amazing this year but he could slow down. Anyone who followed him last year in Sweden, did he start to fade towards the end of season/playoffs?

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
Malkin has been awful this year but could turn it around in a flash. Pettersson has been amazing this year but he could slow down. Anyone who followed him last year in Sweden, did he start to fade towards the end of season/playoffs?

Malkin had 19 points in his first 10 games. Sure, he’s slowed down since, but that’s far from awful.

Reactions: Casanova and Dache

Love

Feb 29, 2012

No he didn’t and I believe he played something like 86 or 89 games last year. He won SHL playoff MVP with 10g 9a in 13 games.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Sheesh! I feel dirty voting against Malkin in any poll. But I don’t think he’s been his usual dominant player this year. That said, if the question was who would you rather have going on your team going into the playoffs then Malkin ten times out of ten at this point in their careers.

psycat

Oct 25, 2016

On the contrary he progressed and became better as the season went on, won play-offs+MVP aswell. Who knows if that trend will continue in the big league(I would bet on it, maybe not winning MVP and such but think he will improve rather than decline).

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
No, quite the opposite. The longer the season wore on the more comfortable he got and the more he was able to dominate. He had like an off game every once in a while spread out pretty evenly over the season, but the progression was very obvious.

lawrence

May 19, 2012

The opposite happened. He just kept on getting better and better.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
EP is the most exciting prospect I've seen since Ovi, Crosby, Malkin and McDavid. He's that good in my opinion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad