Who would you trade with???

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
Was watching 2nd round games and missing my CBJ. I began to analyze some of the teams still playing, using the CBJ as a bench mark. I thought back to that stupid comment years ago by Dougie MacLean. "I wouldn't trade my entire line up for the Red Wings".

So here is the question(s);

1. Which team would you trade for all 23 players? They put on our sweaters - our guys go put on theirs. No cherry picking! You have to give up all 23 and take all 23. Who's line up do you want?

..and then.....

2. Which prospect pool would you trade in total? Again, no cherry picking. PLD goes, and everybody included in the "50 limit" contract, plus draft rights. Essentially, that is player #24 through #50 (or however many contracts we have right now).

..and finally......

3. Which coach, staff and front office and media would you trade, in total? I'm talking everybody that draws a paycheck from the CBJ. That's JD, Jarmo, Torts, asst. coaches, video staff, trainers, strength, Rimer and Jody. Is there anybody in total that you would do the wholesale swap?

I'll let this go a little bit before revealing my answers.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Was watching 2nd round games and missing my CBJ. I began to analyze some of the teams still playing, using the CBJ as a bench mark. I thought back to that stupid comment years ago by Dougie MacLean. "I wouldn't trade my entire line up for the Red Wings".

1. Which team would you trade for all 23 players? They put on our sweaters - our guys go put on theirs. No cherry picking! You have to give up all 23 and take all 23. Who's line up do you want? Oilers or Toronto for the future...for immediate satisfaction... Pens

..and then.....

2. Which prospect pool would you trade in total? Again, no cherry picking. PLD goes, and everybody included in the "50 limit" contract, plus draft rights. Essentially, that is player #24 through #50 (or however many contracts we have right now).

..and finally......

3. Which coach, staff and front office and media would you trade, in total? I'm talking everybody that draws a paycheck from the CBJ. That's JD, Jarmo, Torts, asst. coaches, video staff, trainers, strength, Rimer and Jody. Is there anybody in total that you would do the wholesale swap?

Have no good answers for the last two questions

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
#1: I wouldn't. I think we're in excellent shape in that regard.
#2: Not sure, but probably Arizona. Would be looking for a prospect pool that has really good Cs and is sufficient elsewhere.
#3: Either Toronto or Washington. Most likely Washington.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
I tend not to envy what others have so I'm not help here.

I stated on more than one occasion that I would have went after Trotz. We ended up to Torts and that's pretty good. It's satisfying for on other reason than a lot of the fans around the league have an irrational dislike for him, much like we have for Hitch. Torts is a good coach even if his quirks annoy me.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
1. Obviously this would be so much easier if he would let me trade my forwards and keep my defense. Unfortunately you don't want to make it easy. I probably take Toronto because I think they have a great future and some flexibility to fix their backend. Part of my reason for picking Toronto also is for their exciting style of hockey.
2. I probably don't have enough insight comment.
3. Again I can't pick and choose here.... I probably think more highly of our group than many on this board. Not to parrot Viqsi but the Leafs and Caps are good, and I think Chicago has done well in sustaining a high level. But since I can't land on just one, I'll keep our group for now.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
I'll just say this in relation to the state of the post season and our team.

We were an OT crossbar (Dubinsky) away from going back to PIT (the best team in the league right now) even at 2 wins a piece, and likely coming back here for a game 6, down 3-2.

We are a very good team, top 10 easily, top 5, probably, and we are young.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
1. Which team would you trade for all 23 players? They put on our sweaters - our guys go put on theirs. No cherry picking! You have to give up all 23 and take all 23. Who's line up do you want?

1) Logically, should be Pens...but I don't know if I could cheer for Crosby. Give me the Caps. HM - Toronto, Edmonton, and Pens

2) Now that the Leafs graduated a bunch of guys...I guess Coyotes? Honestly, probably none.

3) No idea. Too uninformed on this one.

alphafox

Jun 14, 2011

..and then.....

..and finally......

1. Edmonton. Too much skill and too much youth. Even the gaps that are there could be filled with relatively simple roster moves (The fact that Larsson was all they landed for Hall shows the front office is still lucky not good). These guys are going to be the team that takes the mantle from the Pens and Blackhawks once they finally begin their decline.

2. Right now I don't think there is anyone I would swap prospects with. All of the great ones (COL, EDM, TOR) and we still have PLD, Milano, Bjorkstrand, and Carlsson.

3. Maybe Toronto, simply due to dollars and the impressive rebuild that they have put together, plus the best coach in recent history.

nativecbj

Jan 16, 2014
Dayton, OH
Honestly, for #1, I'd take a healthy TBL roster. Stamkos and Kucherov in the union blue going up against the other stars of the metro, that would be sweet. It's nice to dream, right?

2. No clue.

3. Logical pick would be Chicago, right? But I really don't know.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Question 1). Pens, Caps, Oilers, Nashville, Toronto, Ducks -----all for sure.

Senators, Blues, Tampa........probably.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Three teams moved up. The Flyers are picking #2 overall.

Got ya, thanks

I have decided I would hate to do it - but I trade it all for the Oil. McD, Drai are elite, Larsson, Lucic are solid.. the team is going to be good for quite a while (not saying we won't be- but their lineup is better)

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
Question:

#1 Current Roster: A. Pens, B. Oilers

#2 Prospect pool:A. Arizona, B. Winnipeg

#3 Front Office and coaching staff: A. Chicago, B. Toronto

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
Three teams moved up. The Flyers are picking #2 overall.

They have a decent but over-rated prospect pool. Remember Provorov and Konecny graduated. Morin and Hagg are nearing the bust label. The jury is out on Sanheim. Lindblom looks like a big time prospect. Add Patrick or Hischier and I don't think it's anywhere near the Coyotes or Winnipeg.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
We are who we are. I tend to look at what we have an not what we don't. So, no, I have no interest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad