HF Habs: Who would you target for LD?

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I've been on the Sanheim train for over a year. Gostisbehere would be fine too if Philly has the good sense to realize Sanheim is or will be better than both Ghost and Provorov.

Shea Weber needs a partner who is big, strong and more stay at home which will allow Weber to pinch more in the offensive zone. Jake Gardiner is not that guy.

The last thing Montreal needs is a stay at home guy to let who is basically a stay at home D-man with a massive shot play more like a Markov. Weber lacks the mobility or experience to play that way.

Weber needs someone that has the mobility, passing and vision to let Weber be Weber and draw guys away from him in the offensive zone.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Mete with Weber is fine, they were great together.
We need someone for the 2nd pairing.
Romanov is expected to be that guy, possibly in 1 year

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
Mete with Weber is fine, they were great together.
We need someone for the 2nd pairing.
Romanov is expected to be that guy, possibly in 1 year

Mete isn't a pmd, at best he rushes the puck and clears it out the blue line. How is he going to feed Weber and the rest of the 1st line for that matter?

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
•Draft Heinola
•Trade for Ghost

Edler on a short term deal would be a good fit, pretty sure he’ll end up getting too much term and money though.

If we can get Ghost with a package involving Drouin that’d be ideal.

Ghost-Weber
Mete-Petry
Heinola-Juulsen

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
I don't want anyone over 30 or Gardiner. I'm ok with pretty much any other top 4 LD or anyone at least used to playing LD like Pesce.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Mete isn't a pmd, at best he rushes the puck and clears it out the blue line. How is he going to feed Weber and the rest of the 1st line for that matter?

I mean ideally you have a Roman Josi playing with Weber on the top pairing, but thats just not realistic.
Mete is 20 years old, has done well in the top pairing and only going to get better.
He hasn't produced much so far, but he's shown flashes several times of what he is capable of.

A Ghostibehere or Fowler will probably be better with Weber, but they will cost a ton to acquire.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Edler or Gardiner in UFA
Brodin, or Lindell in a trade.
Broberg or Harley at the draft.

Del Zotto if everything fails and he's cheap.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Keep Drouin....unless we get a tremendous offer for him....it's important to properly coach Drouin in order to get the best out of him.
Trading low is ridiculously stupid.
If I can do an even swap for the two....I’m doing it.

This isn’t Larsson for Hall

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
I've been on board with trying to get Alex Edler on this team for years. One of my favourite players outside the Canadiens' organization.

Unlikely he leaves Vancouver, but in the case he does, we should be right on that in order to help lead our growing defensive prospect pool.

Reactions: Vachon23 and vokiel

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
Keep Drouin....unless we get a tremendous offer for him....it's important to properly coach Drouin in order to get the best out of him.
Trading low is ridiculously stupid.
At some point you have to write off your loses, Drouin is a huge loss, get rid of the tin man.

phillytennis

Mar 4, 2012
I've been on board with trying to get Alex Edler on this team for years. One of my favourite players outside the Canadiens' organization.

Unlikely he leaves Vancouver, but in the case he does, we should be right on that in order to help lead our growing defensive prospect pool.

Sign Edler for two years...

Reactions: Ozmodiar

robicgi

Oct 17, 2018
Ghost and Murray i would go after. Age works with the core moving forward. I feel both could be had for the right offers.

Picks for Murray might do it although it might cost the first but CLB would like to recoup some picks im sure and if duchene/panarin/bob all leave they may full rebuild. Murray would prob be a part of a rebuild at 25 but picks are huge for a rebuild and CLB needs more if they go that route.

Ghost they would prob want roster player return or nhl ready top prospect maybe. Phi has an already deep pool of prospects so i would think roster players swap. Not sure who they would want but they might be open to something .

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
I’m with @Andrei79 ....Lindholm is the man and Drouin would be in play

I don’t think they’d trade Lindholm.

The more realistic trade is for Fowler.
- a little older than Lindholm
- LD played a lot on right side, out of position
- landed on 2nd pairing
- 6.5m cap hit

Not sure they’d trade for Drouin, but there is a spot in their lineup for him.

Reactions: jaffy27

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Sign: Edler, 2 years
Trade for: Fowler
Draft: Broberg

Benn, Kulak, Mete combine for 3rd pairing.

Juulsen back to minors with the other 2 RD prospects.

Good depth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad