Who would you rather play in the playoffs?

Who would you rather play in round 1, keeping in mind the next rounds?

• Vegas

Votes: 31 21.1%
  • LA

Votes: 37 25.2%
  • Nashville

Votes: 46 31.3%
  • Don’t care

Votes: 33 22.4%

• Total voters

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Chances are that we get Vegas now.

To win the division, we would need to win out and have Vancouver lose out in regulation. Possible, but unlikely.

LA is only 1 point up on Vegas. Vegas has 2 games, LA has 1. All of these games are against bottom feeders, so an unlikely loss for Vegas against Chicago or Anaheim would have to happen for LA to have a chance at holding the #3 spot.

I'd rather not face Vegas at all, but zi would prefer to hit them in round 1, before their IR guys have shaken the rust off.

barry halls

Nov 13, 2018
Give me VGK. Don’t like the odds of beating LA three years in a row, they’ll break through eventually if we keep playing them. Beating the Knights would feel better and losing to them would sting less because of the built-in excuse of them being the defending champs and over the cap.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Chances are that we get Vegas now.

To win the division, we would need to win out and have Vancouver lose out in regulation. Possible, but unlikely.

LA is only 1 point up on Vegas. Vegas has 2 games, LA has 1. All of these games are against bottom feeders, so an unlikely loss for Vegas against Chicago or Anaheim would have to happen for LA to have a chance at holding the #3 spot.

I'd rather not face Vegas at all, but zi would prefer to hit them in round 1, before their IR guys have shaken the rust off.

If they crossed over we wouldn't have had to play them at all. No chance they make it to the 3rd round through the Central.

LA really bungled this. Losing to Ducks and then the Wild. Was their spot to lose and they've appeared to hand it over to Vegas

Reactions: ManofSteel55

unicornBLOOD

Mar 18, 2022
Hoping Vegas in Edmonton on Monday night, give the boys a few days to rest up. It's gonna be a war, but I feel this team has the pieces to go all the way. Gonna need Kane, Nurse, Ceci, McLeod, RNH all to step up and make an impact. Connor and Leon should be motivated to do whatever it takes, and some combination of Skinner and Pickard need provide above average goaltending. It ain't gonna be easy, every game is gonna be tough. Let's go Oilers!!!!!

unicornBLOOD

Mar 18, 2022
If they crossed over we wouldn't have had to play them at all. No chance they make it to the 3rd round through the Central.

LA really bungled this. Losing to Ducks and then the Wild. Was their spot to lose and they've appeared to hand it over to Vegas
I can't imagine LA wanted Edmonton for a 3rd straight year, not saying they lost of purpose, but Edmonton has had their number. LA is trouble against Dallas too, the Stars are good, and deep.

predictions....

Dal over LA in 5
Col over Win in 7
Van over Nash in 6
Edm over Veg in 7

NYR over Wash in 4
Car over NYI in 5
Tor over Bos in 7
Fla over TB in 7

should be a crazy first round.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
I can't imagine LA wanted Edmonton for a 3rd straight year, not saying they lost of purpose, but Edmonton has had their number. LA is trouble against Dallas too, the Stars are good, and deep.

predictions....

Dal over LA in 5
Col over Win in 7
Van over Nash in 6
Edm over Veg in 7

NYR over Wash in 4
Car over NYI in 5
Tor over Bos in 7
Fla over TB in 7

should be a crazy first round.

The thought crossed my mind aswell that the Kings might want to drop from the 3rd seed to avoid the Oilers. I just can't convince myself that they think they have a better chance against Dallas and Colorado/Winnipeg though

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Seems like there might not be any western series start times before Monday. East will start Saturday/Sunday, west Monday/Tuesday.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
The thought crossed my mind aswell that the Kings might want to drop from the 3rd seed to avoid the Oilers. I just can't convince myself that they think they have a better chance against Dallas and Colorado/Winnipeg though
Interestingly enough if the Canucks win and Dallas loses in regulation in their next games LA will play Vancouver, not Dallas.

unicornBLOOD

Mar 18, 2022
ya, there is no easy road to the Stanley Cup, lots of really talented teams out there.

Dirty Dan

Saturday Night Lupul
May 5, 2010
in ur crease
Vegas is a deep team and probably the toughest playoff opponent, beating them early will be a huge morale boost. Where as beating the Kings is kind of just expectations

Gordy Elbows

Keep off my lawn
Oct 31, 2019

I think a lot of it had to do with selling playoff tickets. Oilers would be a tougher sale - 3rd time around with Oilers.
Any other team would be a refreshing playoff appearance for those folks.

McHelpus

Jan 16, 2021
The Kings tanked that game against the Ducks to avoid us, they would have lost in 4-5 games this time around.

I'm nervous about vegas.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I am just interested to see how we play. I just don’t want to see us beating ourselves.

I think under knob/cof we have seen a more composed game. Feels like our first periods are mixed and we usually improve as the game goes on.

Hopefully we see less implosions in a short amount of time this year.

Reactions: Mcnotloilersfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad