Who would you rather play in the playoffs?

Who would you rather play in round 1, keeping in mind the next rounds?

• Vegas

Votes: 31 21.1%
  • LA

Votes: 37 25.2%
  • Nashville

Votes: 46 31.3%
  • Don’t care

Votes: 33 22.4%

• Total voters

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Another factor to consider vs. Nashville is that they will be finishing their final game of the season likely minutes before we start our 3rd last game. They will be 100% rested.

Reactions: Mav3rick07

NotAVacuumSalesman

The Guide And Record Book™
Jun 19, 2017
giphy.gif

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I think we can beat anyone at our best. The issue I see is Vegas gets dirty when they start to lose and could injury a couple of players. We also have a couple hotheads in Nurse and Kane that could get into penalty trouble. Nashville play a pretty clean game. Start with them and build up. The further this team goes the higher their confidence will become.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
A few years ago, we unanimously voted we wanted the Jets in the 1st round.
Careful what we wish for everyone.

I would rather stick with the devil we know.

Give me the Kings.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Vegas… because they embarrassed us last year

I’m tired of the Kings. Honestly… they are pretty frustrating to play… and they are due to beat us.

Reactions: Not Canada Drai

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Want to play Vegas - again out of the 3 they're the hardest match up but I'd rather play them in the 1st round than in the 2nd round of the goal is to win the cup. Any match is a hard one

Reactions: Oilhawks

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Beating Vegas would be a huge confidence boost while Beating LA doesn't really mean much despite being the easier road.

TBH I think LA would injury our players more than Vegas.

I picked Nashville just because Leon always seems to have their number.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
From a purely entertainment standpoint, playing Vegas would be a lot of fun to watch. Playing against LA is like watching paint dry, they try and suck all the fun out of the game.

Reactions: Lay Z Boy GM

CookiesAndMilk

Generational Backhand Pass
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2016
Kyoto
Imo in the end it doesn't really matter. If the team is ready and it's our year Idc which team gets stomped on first.

Reactions: Oilhawks

unicornBLOOD

Mar 18, 2022
it's looking like Vegas, and they scare me, but here's the thing, if the Oil can'y beat Vegas, then they aren't good enough to win it all. If it is indeed Vegas, the Oil have plenty of motivation. They know what it will take, and either they step up and win, or they don't. They ARE good enough to beat Vegas, I feel, the Oilers have the ability to beat any team in the league in a 7 game season, if they show up, play smart, and get solid goaltending, that being said, there are A LOT of good teams in the playoffs, and most, will be hard to beat.

Dallas
Colorado
Vegas
Vancouver
Winnipeg
NYR
Florida
Carolina
Toronto
Tampa (experience and Vassy)
Edmonton
Boston

I feel one of these 12 teams will win the cup, and that isn't saying much. I feel they all are very talented teams, who, if they get hot, could win it all. If I had to narrow it down, my gut says...

Edmonton
Dallas
NYR
Florida
Carolina

Those are my top 5, but I wouldn't bet my life on it. It's got potential to be a great playoffs. Some great potential match ups.

I voted for I don't care option for who I want the Oilers to play. They need to beat whoever is in front of them, simple as that. There are no EASY match ups, Nashville, as hot as they were, would probably be the best option, just based on how the Oil and Draisaitl have owned them over the last few years. That doesn't look like it will happen, so it's probably Vegas, and if not, LA. Gonna be war, with either of those teams. I can't wait.

I feel like with LA losing tonight Vegas is now the most likely opponent.
I think so too. Hopefully the Oil can send that cheating ass team home. (yes, I am jealous of how well that team is run, and what they are willing to do to win - when you add that front office and how hard they are willing to push to win with the draw of living/playing in Vegas, also a tax free state - it's a pretty deadly combination), that being said, we owe them a beating for last spring, let's go OILERS!!!!!

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Vegas is a trap. The Oilers held a grudge against the Kings last year (even though they won the year before) and it almost gave the series away when combined with the officiating. On paper if they're healthy Vegas might actually be better this year (unless Hill has turned back into a pumpkin).

If it's the Knights the team needs to focus and not go out and try to retaliate again like they did last year. Won't beat that team if you go out and take a bunch of slashing penalties.

Then again the same thing could happen with the Kings again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad