who would you rather McDavid or Matthew's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tooncesmeow

May 3, 2013
Melbourne, FL
McDavid over Matthews everyday. Matthews is really really good but its not McDavid. That said, the way McDavid plays, he looks like he's still in junior, like he's leagues above everyone, so I feel like some jaded vet will murder him and so Matthews might be the safer option.

18leafsfan18

Jul 28, 2012
Ontario
For me easily McDavid.

Honestly think if I had a choice of any player in the league I would likely choose McDavid

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
McDavid obviously but that's in the past.

If we can win the lottery and convince Stamkos to come here, that to me is better than McDavid alone.

For as good Crosby is, he has one Cup and Ovechkin has none. Hockey is the ultimate team game. We just need to keep building our team piece by piece.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Eichel vs Matthews would have been a more reasonable question.

The only guy in the league that I think might be as good to build around as McDavid is Ekblad (when considering age, caphit, potential, etc).

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
I could be wrong but I just don't see anyone coming close to McDavid. Matthews is a very good player but I don't see him being a once in a lifetime talent like McDavid or Crosby or Ovie. IMO in terms of impact he is closer to Eichel than McDavid.

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
McDavid over anyone in the NHL. Crosby Ovechkin whoever. 80s Gretzky is the only player I would take over McDavid.

Mario Lemieux or McDavid...THAT is the real question. Gonna go with Lemieux lol

Last edited:

Pinto

Kings of the North!
Aug 28, 2003
Port Dover, Ontario
Well we actually have a legit shot of Matthews.........we can sit and drool over McDavid but that boat has sailed.

Pretty much.

It sucks watching Edmonton get 1st after 1st. But I'm glad they did last year. I didn't want Buffalo to get him, imagine playing him 5+ times a year

LeafsFIO*

Well if it's just the player then obviously McDavid.

But if we're talking directly in terms of where we are now vs. April 2015, Matthews.

If the Leafs won the lottery I'm worried they would've kept Kessel, tried to continue building on a rotten core to win while McDavid was still on his entry level deal.

Raging Bull

Present
Jan 25, 2004
Hamilton, ONT
Pretty much.

It sucks watching Edmonton get 1st after 1st. But I'm glad they did last year. I didn't want Buffalo to get him, imagine playing him 5+ times a year

Yeah I was thinking that last night. Hopefully he stays his whole career there, only gets to destroy the Leafs two times a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad