• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trade down

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rusty Batch

Sep 22, 2010
This is one of the tougher decisions to make as I do like Rossi and think he is worthy of the 4th pick. But Drysdale is a very dynamic player with the potential to be a real star in this league. Can't go wrong either way and both have a ton of potential, just feel that Drysdale edges him here.

CraigBillington

Dec 10, 2010
I'd say Drysdale would be the guy.
He has the ability to provide a dynamic transformation to the offense, I don't think his impact would be much different from what Hughes did to Vancouver

He pukes you die

Jun 9, 2020
If 1-5 stays the way it is now (DET, OTT, OTT, LAK, ANA), I project it as being:

1. Lafrenieré
2. Byfield
3. Drysdale
4. Stützle
5. Holtz

And for the record, I would be f’ing ecstatic with Stützle - he is my favorite forward in the draft after Lafrenieré. If Ottawa decided to take him and Drysdale instead, they could just pack up and go home having won the draft already.

Reactions: KINGS17

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I'm voting for Raymond for every single poll after this. I understand the draw of a right handed defenseman, but I don't think we can pass up on one of these forwards. I think we'll get better value in the early 2nd round. I think with our current defensive prospect pool we can afford to be patient on defenseman so I don't mind taking a swing on someone later on. The only true left wing prospect in our system is Grundstrom, and he hasn't established himself as an NHL player yet. Iafallo and Kempe are our top 6 wingers at the moment, but the aren't long term solutions as a top line winger.

I won't be upset if the Kings take Drysdale, but I think this is probably our best opportunity to finally fill that top line left wing spot that has been vacant for so long. And I understand that no one has filled the Voynov role since his incident, but I trust Anderson, Bjornfot and Clague to round out the rest of the D core to make up for it.

RocketKing

Jul 2, 2017
It would be hard to pick between Rossi and Drysdale for me but I’d go with Rossi. He makes everyone around him better and is really good with the defensive part of his game as well good with face offs. Drysdale has all the tools to be a great number 1 defender. Either pick would be a huge win-win for us.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
It's pretty close for me between Drysdale, Rossi, and Raymond, but I went with the defenseman. He's the best skater in the draft, Rossi reminds me of Turcotte, and while Raymond has unbelievable skill, I think it's easier to fill LW via trade/free agency than #1-2 D/C.

He pukes you die

Jun 9, 2020
Honestly, if the Kings end up staying put at 4, they are going to be getting an exceptional talent... this is a great year to have such a high pick. Then again, it's the Kings so I won't be surprised at all if the worst possible outcome happens (again) and they drop to 7th. They would still get a great player at 7 but to stay in that top 4 would be amazing.

ricardfromage

"You wanted the Germs, you get em"
Mar 5, 2020
paradise
It's pretty close for me between Drysdale, Rossi, and Raymond, but I went with the defenseman. He's the best skater in the draft, Rossi reminds me of Turcotte, and while Raymond has unbelievable skill, I think it's easier to fill LW via trade/free agency than #1-2 D/C.

Turcotte with better hands and vision.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
upload_2020-6-10_11-52-46.jpeg

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Imagine how popular Drysdale would be amongst the dual Dodgers/Kings fans

Orel Hershiser - 59 consecutive scoreless innings

Don Drysdale - 58 2/3 consecutive scoreless innings

One of the toughest records in baseball to break, and may never be broken again.

Any hockey players named Hershiser out there?

Riddle me this Batman: What do you get when you cross Orel Hershiser with Steve Sax?

Last edited:

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Having a top four of Doughty, Drysdale, Bjornfot, Anderson is real enticing. I’m warming up to Drysdale of late.
Walker and Roy are no slouches,so why would LA take Drysdale? Kings want to be a high scoring team,so I'd take the best forward...could be Rossi,Raymond or Holtz

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
I'm voting for Raymond for every single poll after this. I understand the draw of a right handed defenseman, but I don't think we can pass up on one of these forwards. I think we'll get better value in the early 2nd round. I think with our current defensive prospect pool we can afford to be patient on defenseman so I don't mind taking a swing on someone later on. The only true left wing prospect in our system is Grundstrom, and he hasn't established himself as an NHL player yet. Iafallo and Kempe are our top 6 wingers at the moment, but the aren't long term solutions as a top line winger.

I won't be upset if the Kings take Drysdale, but I think this is probably our best opportunity to finally fill that top line left wing spot that has been vacant for so long. And I understand that no one has filled the Voynov role since his incident, but I trust Anderson, Bjornfot and Clague to round out the rest of the D core to make up for it.
Grundstrom does play LWing for the Kings but he's actually a natural RWinger...Kind of like Frk is really a LWinger...I wish the Kings would just let the players play the position they normally played and let them make it there or not! I meaning wingers of course...Kempe has started to become very good on the LWing...love to see him with Kopi and not just on the PP

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad